Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDue to a recent experience, I feel this so much.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13421760&mesg_id=13422062
13422062, Due to a recent experience, I feel this so much.
Posted by shockvalue, Thu Jan-28-21 12:05 PM
Bear with me, but I have wanted to share this since it happened.

I recently visited a Gamestop in Harlem that was absolutely bumping with business, and where the stereo system was also malfunctioning resulting in a really loud constant buzzing sound. A week or so later I came back again (this was Xmas time) and the sound was still going. I spoke to the employees to express my condolences and ask if I could take a look to try to resolve the issue (I have a background in this area).

They were super grateful and welcoming of my effort (saying of course it bothered them even though they'd adjusted to it), but in the small cramped New York store, the stereo equipment is hidden somewhere in the ceiling and they couldn't locate it (they had tried). I finally suggested they just pull the speaker wires out of the speakers and tape them off. They thanked me but were probably less than enthusiastic to possibly get in trouble or break something. I also called Gamestop corporate and complained.

I haven't been back since to see if they resolved the issue, but I doubt it. If it were not for COVID, I'd go in there and rip the ceiling apart myself to get to the bottom of it.

Forgive the tangent, but it just felt like another dystopian hallmark of our inhumane current condition of unfettered capitalism and poor oversight. This stock situation reminded me of it.