Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat will be happening on-or-around 01/20/2021 at 12:00P.M.?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13420831
13420831, What will be happening on-or-around 01/20/2021 at 12:00P.M.?
Posted by handle, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Any feelings on this now?

Poll question: What will be happening on-or-around 01/20/2021 at 12:00P.M.?

Poll result (17 votes)
No Drama (6 votes)Vote
Some Drama --not serious (9 votes)Vote
Some Drama --more serious (1 votes)Vote
Serious, Serious Drama (0 votes)Vote
All Hell is Breaking Loose (1 votes)Vote
Coup (0 votes)Vote

13420838, I think the drama might be serious, but unlikely to be large scale.
Posted by Backbone, Tue Jan-19-21 12:37 PM
Of course you never know, with the amount of both crazy and weaponry in the US.

I hope it ends up with a couple of boogaloser boys looking totally ridiculous and nothing more.
13420839, In DC? No drama.
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue Jan-19-21 12:42 PM
It looks like the green zone in Kabul right now
13420841, I fear this will be the epicenter of the drama. A WHOLE lotta fck shit
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jan-19-21 12:48 PM
is going on right now....
multiple instances of folks being stopped with arsenals in their trunks...

I feel like it was waaaaaay too easy for ME when I went through the checkpoint by bicycle last Thursday ...and I was able to witness firsthand the process of how vehicles are passed through. My hot take then was that the shit was janky as hell...theater....hopefully they've stepped it waaaaay up since then.

The fact that i'm also in Arlington which is pretty much literally the only barrier between the Capitol area.... yeah... I just don't know. I see a few too many suspect military folks coming to & from JBMH on my daily comings and goings around my house.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13420840, can't call it...but i'm def. on edge. I culled my newsfeed, but there's
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jan-19-21 12:44 PM
still way too much of the news percolating up that's put me on edge the past few weeks...

Doesn't help that we started watching Handmaids on Hulu about 2 weeks ago and we just got to the episode where they start explaining the events that lead up to the current state of the society.... there was a line in there something to the effect of "First we attack the congress, then the white house, then the courts..."

Me and my wife both looked at each other like "..the fuuuuuuckk????"
13420877, these last 4 years have felt like its leading up to that scene
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jan-19-21 04:07 PM
13420844, hopefully not much. i just want it over with
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Jan-19-21 12:54 PM
i could do without all these performances and poems and whatever they have planned.

swear them in, give a speech, get to work.

13420845, right??? handle that shit and get to work on the reversals....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jan-19-21 12:58 PM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13420885, But first.......... LADY GAGA
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Tue Jan-19-21 04:20 PM
...totally unnecessary

13420899, RE: hopefully not much. i just want it over with
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Jan-19-21 06:01 PM
>i could do without all these performances and poems and
>whatever they have planned.
>
>swear them in, give a speech, get to work.
>
>

Right. I don’t wanna hear Ordinary People or Waiting for Tonight up in there.
13420850, Military/national guard infiltration wasn't something I considered (swipe)
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue Jan-19-21 01:35 PM
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/2-national-guard-members-removed-from-inauguration-duty-after-militia-links-found/2545777/

2 National Guard Members Removed From Inauguration Duty After Militia Links Found

Two U.S. Army National Guard members are being removed from the security mission to secure Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration.

The two National Guard members have been found to have ties to fringe right group militias, a U.S. Army official and a senior U.S. intelligence official said.

A total of 25,000 National Guard troops were actively supporting D.C. and the effort to secure the inauguration as of Tuesday morning, officials told NBC News.

No plot against Biden was found.

The Army official and the intelligence official spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity due to Defense Department media regulations. They did not say which fringe group the Guard members belonged to or what unit they served in.

Contacted by the AP on Tuesday, the National Guard Bureau referred questions to the U.S. Secret Service and said, “Due to operational security, we do not discuss the process nor the outcome of the vetting process for military members supporting the inauguration.”
13420853, the current state of emergency is the drama
Posted by naame, Tue Jan-19-21 01:39 PM
20,000 national guardsmen around the capitol
no access to the national mall
impeachment trial the day before the inauguration
no peaceful transition

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.
13420858, I got my mind ready for the next 2 years.
Posted by double negative, Tue Jan-19-21 01:48 PM
tomorrow - i'm unsure, but I can see it going towards the peaceful side of things

we're in for a real ass culture war. these militia dudes are blue balled and wanting to shit in a bucket while cosplaying soldier in a hawaiian shirt.
13420860, Something better happen...
Posted by Lardlad95, Tue Jan-19-21 01:51 PM
I'm tired of waiting for the big twist ending for America. This shit is dragging.
13420862, idk...I just hope they’re prepared for anything...
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Jan-19-21 02:16 PM
13420884, I want to see what happens the day after next with mass arrests...
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Tue Jan-19-21 04:19 PM
...hopefully sending all these white trash terrorists to guantanamo

13420889, Like the ending of a sci-fi/horror/zombie apocalypse flick...the national
Posted by bentagain, Tue Jan-19-21 05:02 PM
guard will turn their weapons on the president elect, take him hostage, try, convict and execute...

...the places my mind has gone during this pandemic...

Everyday I wake up hoping the worst is behind us...just to be disappointed by the new lows

Nothing would surprise me...not even some twisted Trumpster version of The Departed where Matt Damon wins and Whitey stays POTUS.
13420895, No idea. Some formerly innocuous Facebook groups I'm in are wilding
Posted by Nodima, Tue Jan-19-21 05:46 PM
Particularly this bourbon one I joined to keep track of what people are interested in for my own buying purposes at my shop that in the past two days has exploded with photos of guns posed next to their drams, which has never been a trend in three years as part of the group. Desert Eagles, AR-15s, anything you can think of.

And our (NE) governor is openly inviting people to the state capitol - specifically tomorrow, the 20th - building for tours but asks that they please respect the grounds they walk on as they do.

The fuck is that? Any of it?

I asked for the day off of work today so I can drink about it.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
13420898, you cats watch way too much CNN smh...
Posted by wiseguy, Tue Jan-19-21 05:51 PM
lol