Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGreat ep. I don't see this as a dipn the slightest.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13420669&mesg_id=13423936
13423936, Great ep. I don't see this as a dipn the slightest.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Feb-13-21 03:07 PM
It's ddefinity a transitional ep, but we got so much.

Vision's in like 5 minutes of it, and all of it hits. Watching him die again was rough.

-We got to see the twins' powers. Billy is already off the charts.
-Darcy, aoing with most of the base, has entered the Hex.
-WV doubles as Monica's Photon origin, and we got a big piece of that.

-The townspeople at the edges being turned into human NPC's was a fucked up reveal. Shades of Purple Man's Jessica Jones scenes. That's a particularly horrifying power.

Pietro and Wanda keep us guessing with slightly conflicting memories, Pietro knows what she's doing. I love that they're slowly unpacking that. They also used this to show us that Wanda doesn't really know how she wound doing this, further teasing out some other entity pulling these strings.

LOVE the swerve of not getting the expected 90s Full House ep. I'm a he Malcolm fan, and they nailed those elements right down to the music cues. I loved it.

We get little things, like Pietro calling the kids "demon spawn", another Mephisto reference.

Who is Monica's contact?

A lesser shows would have had Pietro rush Wanda and the boys to the edge of town. But nope- we get another massive flex of Wanda's power.

This was a high calorie ep.