Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI can't overstate how much I appreciate Marvel for this project.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13420669&mesg_id=13422404
13422404, I can't overstate how much I appreciate Marvel for this project.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Feb-01-21 11:00 AM
To release such an intricate and fleshed out show, on a weekly basis, takes so much hubris in the streaming era. Even if they released it all at once, so many would give up after episode 3 in this time of microwave plots that cater to shortened attention spans. Marvel just said fuck that and made the show the way it was supposed to be made.

That said, episdoe 4 finally started to reveal what's going on with the old school television style of previous episodes and even why things were happening as they were therein. Anyone who was watching the breakdowns from Emergency Awesome would've already known a lot of this, but the execution was really cool.

*spoilers*

I particularly like the way the episodes skipped when something occurred that Wanda didn't like and made an "edit." Then we get to meet Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel and find out that she's actually Geraldine in the show. I can't wait to see what this woman figures out on the SWORD side of things. She seems to be pretty brilliant.