Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti think it very much did for my family
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13420172&mesg_id=13420250
13420250, i think it very much did for my family
Posted by mista k5, Wed Jan-13-21 12:56 PM
my parents stuck together through quite some rough times. their parents were together until one of them passed.

i think its a mixed bag for my uncles/aunts. some have been divorced. i think fewer from my moms side. my mom last her dad when she was 7 i think. wonder if that had in impact.

3/4 of their kids have been separated/divorced now.

i think we saw what they went through and how it made us feel and decided there is a nope point. or thats just the way it went.

on the thanksgiving trip (yall already bashed me about going so lets skip that this time lol) this all kind of bubbled up. we were celebrating my moms bday and my sister flew in that day. they live together. my sister separated in early 2020. my mom ended up going off on her. it kind of seemed to come out of nowhere but she was drunk so idk. i didnt hear what she told her but it was enough to make my sister leave the house walking.

moms was alternating between leave me alone to bawling to everything is okay but at one point she kept talking about how we dont understand how much us getting divorced affects others, kids and her. i wasnt going to argue about that so i kind of just let it be and tried to get her to chill out and sober up. that kind of stuck with me though.

sister did come back and we all moved on but i worry whats still being suppressed.