Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectProblem is House Members don't get impeached
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13419895&mesg_id=13423477
13423477, Problem is House Members don't get impeached
Posted by navajo joe, Wed Feb-10-21 10:19 AM
Or at least have never been impeached. Like it could happen technically but it never has.

They can be removed however that takes 2/3 vote. Even if every member of Congress who wasn't part of that 147 voted yes they'd still come up just shy. On top of that they wouldn't get every remaining member of the House to vote in favor or vote at all.

Hell, the numbers don't allow them to get just Greene, Cruz, and Hawley out.

They got JUST over half of the members to vote for Greene's removal from committees which thankfully required simple majority.

It's really hard to do democracy when one party's sole purpose is working toward its destruction.

I want accountability as much as anyone. I went to the mat for it here during the last impeachment when folks weren't taking it seriously and calling it palace intrigue or talking half-measures like censure.

I just wanted to be clarify before people start with the "dems are cowards for not impeaching these people" narrative gets fully up and running why exactly that's not an option