Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti keep tripping over not being able to do things
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13419452&mesg_id=13421292
13421292, i keep tripping over not being able to do things
Posted by mista k5, Fri Jan-22-21 04:34 PM
that i think should be possible or the default.

in the daw each drum pack has 16 sounds right? the controller has 8 pads and a button for 9/16. i should be able to hit that button to swap to sounds 9/16 right? nope. if it can be done i dont know how. i just thought thats how its supposed to work.

i also want to use horns but the daw doesnt come with any in the instruments. i get that they will probably not sound great but um give me the option? so i need to find out if i can get some. i found some samples of some but theyre short clips of melodies and i want to be able to hit different keys for different notes of whatever horn and make my own melodies.

i also keep struggling with other parts of the interface but i think i will figure that out with time.

all that said, i do think this was the way to go for me. i dont want to create beats by using loops of existing songs. i want to make some up. use samples as accents if anything. after a while ill probably start wanting to use samples but for now thats not what i want to do.

when i was trying to make beats with just FL it seemed too rigid and i couldnt get anything to groove. being able to figure out what i want by playing the keys helps me a lot. sometimes i end up just clicking in the patterns i want but thats after i figure out what im trying to do with the pads or keys first.

i think i have created two loops that dont sound like pure trash lol

i also need to see how im going to hook this up to my AV. ive been using just the laptop screen and headphones. at some point i want to hear what im making through my speakers and sub. might also be nice to have a bigger screen to work on. might just go with hdmi. i think i have a long enough aux cable to plug into my av if i just want audio, just not sure where.