Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti hear you but trump ain't hitler or oswald mosley
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13419262&mesg_id=13419776
13419776, i hear you but trump ain't hitler or oswald mosley
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Jan-10-21 12:57 PM
in that his racism isn't what drives him in the same way it drives many of his followers. Trump only has one value and that's Trump. he only even likes his followers because they love him. So starve the beast is probably the best way to neutralize *him*.

But yeah, this stuff isn't going away, and while the republican party has always hid their racism behind slogans and dog whistles, he's made it more acceptable to come out of the cracks. We see the numbers of cops and ex-military and even lawmakers who were part of this capitol storm.

And the canned response to this insurrection even from casual trump voters is 'yeah it was wrong but what about antifa and blm?', I figure soon enough the ban will settle in as just another example of cancel culture run amok ("if they can cancel the president.."), and if the election had a do over next week, the results would probably be the same

So my bigger fear is the blueprint is there. the same way Trump watched Sara Palin and saw a lane, there's definitely an in for the person who's charismatic and willing enough to harness all this, but also not an imbecile like Palin or Trump