Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyikes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13418535&mesg_id=13427300
13427300, yikes
Posted by mista k5, Mon Mar-15-21 10:29 AM
i pulled the trigger on some headphones. kind of played myself.

the plan was to replace my headphones before the warranty was over and when a pair i wanted were on sale. i looked at best buy yesterday and they didnt really have sales. i looked into the momentum 3 and decided i wanted to try them. i saw amazon had them on sale, so i decided i would price match. started a chat with best buy about the replacement, they tried to schedule a visit to see if they could repair them. i was hoping they would let me keep the headphones until the new ones came in since they didnt have them in stock. ended up just going in store.

on my way i decided i would just buy a pair they had in store and have them order the momentums. test both and return one. i tried a few on, jbl and bose. they felt and sounded pretty good but you cant tell in store. then i found the sony xm4. these seem to get the best reviews so decided i would try them. they were full price, whatever. i went to pay for them and made sure they wont charge me to return them. tried to order the momentum 3 but she pointed out the seller wasnt actually amazon so could price match. then she asks me if i want the 2 year accidental plan....for $90. um whoa. the old headphones had a 4 year plan for $40. i understand these new ones cost more than double but why 2 years only? went ahead and got it.

felt like a fool as soon as i walked out. figured ill wait and see if any go on sale next week and test these in the meanwhile. they sound good, fit well, light. 30 hours battery life...supposedly 38 if you dont use noise cancelling. hmmm. they do get a bit warm but should be any more than my old ones. i might just keep them. the only thing i wish they had was usb c audio. dont think i would use it often, probably only try it once and use it when they were dead. seems all headphones have some trade offs. the sony might have the least.

this morning i was checking on an amazon order and saw the momentum dropped like 2 bucks. clicked on it to see if maybe amazon was the seller for them. then i saw the sony were on sale for $72 less than i paid. saw it was being sold and shipped by amazon. price match! turns out best buy has them on sale at the same price too. so got them to price match the headphones and the price on the plan dropped to $70. still a bit much but it is better. i think once i used my cash back rewards my out of pocket cost will be less than $100 so mission accomplished?

the momentum are on sale on best buy for $50 less today but i dont know if i want to try them anymore. might do so just so im not left wondering.