Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSame. I have so many thoughts. And I can't stop listening to him.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13418285&mesg_id=13418694
13418694, Same. I have so many thoughts. And I can't stop listening to him.
Posted by Brew, Tue Jan-05-21 02:45 PM
And/or reading about him. Whether tributes from the past week, or old interviews with or about him.

I was telling another DOOM fan friend of mine that I probably hadn't listened to really any of his albums front to back in close to a decade, because I didn't need to. I can still recite so much of them from memory after having listened to them all on repeat throughout college and the years immediately after (in other words during his most prolific period 03-05 and probably through the end of that decade).

So revisiting all his albums and collaborations now over the past couple of days, I sort of feel like I'm reliving that entire time period. Which is nostalgic, jarring, surreal, depressing, fun, exciting ... a bunch of feelings and emotions all at once.

I'm so sad he's gone. And so sad that time passes us by so quickly and without warning, both as it pertains to DOOM and his life but also just in general. His death and revisiting some of my favorite music from some of the best years of my life is yet another reminder of that sad fact.

I have so much more to say, so many more thoughts about him but they're all so jumbled I may never get around to putting them in writing. This just really sucks.

But fuck was his music and artistry incredible.