Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13417987&mesg_id=13418411
13418411, hm
Posted by Damali, Sun Jan-03-21 10:50 AM

>The build up between the two of them wasn’t believable for
>her to cheat on her fiancé so quick, which is why the lead up
>to the first kiss was pretty dumb.

It was an arranged marriage based on status and she was not in love with him. therefore, her heart was available. It makes perfect sense that someone interesting could come along and ignite it.

The father dying off screen
>was a poor choice. He died from a heart attack but was able to
>make a phone call to tell dude that the child that was really
>dumb and doing it off screen was a terrible choice.

yeah that part was kinda dumb.

So he
>finds out that child is his and he isn’t mad enough to go
>there right away?! When he does he is barely angry, and all it
>took to fix it was touching his face? That apparently erased
>missing 5 years of his kids life LOL Really bad writing for a
>movie that really did a good job with the tone and look.

His reactions fit with the way they wrote his character. He was not hotheaded..pretty even tempered, feels things deeply, thinks before he speaks and acts...maybe you're not used to seeing Black men like that on film but i found it beautiful...

you assume he should be angry...but clearly that was not his main emotion in that scenario. not everyone defaults to that, you know. personally, i would have found it cliched if they had him storm right over to her. i like the choice the writers made.

All
>she did was make really bad decisions. She cheated on her
>fiancé, her husband, kept her child a secret because dude was
>going away for a tour not war. That poor fiancé was at war
>still thinking he was engaged LOL
>
which is exactly what most people do. we all have made a series of bad decisions...she made alot of good decisions, as well. she followed her dream to become a television producer..made sure to provide a stable loving environment for her child, supported her husband etc

funny how you see only the bad things she did.

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly