Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPeople, People People, Settle the Freak Down! Stuck on a Billion!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13416885&mesg_id=13417018
13417018, People, People People, Settle the Freak Down! Stuck on a Billion!
Posted by Case_One, Wed Dec-16-20 02:12 PM
First, for some, the topic Billionaires being evil for is a charged emotional matter, and it's hard to have a coherent conversation about the subject. If you can read, then you can find tons of articles that position why Billionaires shouldn't exist or why they are the scum of the earth and the negative impact that their quest for monetary domination causes for the world. So, if you can read you can understand why people think and feel they way they do about the matter. But again, understanding why someone feels the way they do does not validate the absolute end-all assumption or position. Life is not BLACK and WHITE. That's the fact.

So, let's agree that there are some (I don’t have a number) Horrible and Unethical Billionaires. But we can also agree that many of them were horrible and unethical people before they became Billionaires. To my point, the dollar figure is not the issue. Evil people are the issue and many evil, horrible, and unethical people that have become Billionaires were evil before they made a Billion dollars.

The OP Post is about Bezos ex-wife MacKenzie Scott giving away money to HBCUs. My point is that although she was married to Bezos, she's not Bezos. Nevertheless, She's now an individual Billionaire that may have not been a Horrible and Unethical person. She's become the beneficiary of a financial marital asset. That's how divorces work.

Say she was a loving, caring, empathetic, upright and moral person in life. Does her new financial status make her a Horrible and Unethical person. I think not. To the point of my protest, not all Billionaires are evil.

But, I'm sure that someone will argue that MacKenzie Scott shouldn't even be in this situation because Billionaires shouldn't exist. Well, they do and that's a different conversation. My point is that not all Billionaires are inherently evil.

Rich People Are Greedy
Do you hate rich people? Come on, be honest.
BY: Brad Klontz Psy.D., CFP
Posted Mar 07, 2010

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-over-money/201003/rich-people-are-greedy

Life is Good.