Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDec 2020 COVID check: How's your city doing socially distancing?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13416562&mesg_id=13416562
13416562, Dec 2020 COVID check: How's your city doing socially distancing?
Posted by handle, Sun Dec-13-20 09:49 PM
This is brought on by my experience today where I choose (maybe unwisely) to do a few errands.

First let me say in my defense: I wear an N-95 mask. I stay 6 feet away OR MORE from people. I don't spend long period of times indoors. I wash my hands with soap and water I keep in my car's trunk. And I chose errands that were mainly outside.

Chore 1:Go to the outdoor mall and return a laptop to the Apple store.

Experience: Parking lot PACKED. Restaurants closed but people eating food as takeout on the benches in the mall (no masks while eating.)
People not eating are 99% masked.

Louis Vuitton store on the way in has a block-long line. Cartier line is long too - but not as long.

Apple store is modified so no browsing is allowed, lines are outside, and inside the doors are open and there is plexiglass. I spend 5 minutes outside in a line with very few people in it. In and out of Apple in 3 minutes.

Get in the car and I have to make a deposit at an ATM. I go to the outdoor ATM and there are 8 people in line. I wait in my car until they clear and do my business alone.

On the way out the TJ Maxx has at least 75 people in line to go in. The Ross has more like 20. 100 people risking COVID to go into a PACKED store for discount pots and pillow!

As I pass stores the parking lots are at least 90% full. Living Spaces PACKED. Costco PACKED. Vons PACKED.

I went hiking the day before and Mount Woodson was BUSY. I turned around before I got to top - people I asked said it was insanely packed at the top.

Do I need to fully quarantine again?

How's your city?