Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm a guy and haven't been married and am not in a relationship
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415388
13415388, I'm a guy and haven't been married and am not in a relationship
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Dec-04-20 01:32 AM
But it doesn't seem healthy to only have one person in your life to share your life with.

Like you mentioned, what if something happens to your partner? Plus it puts a lot of pressure on the one with EQ to manage the other partner's feelings.

It's good to be committed to your primary family but other relationships aren't distractions as much as they are a chance to explore other parts of yourself. Or have other people to vent to or work through issues with.

My younger brother is married with two kids under 6. He's very accomplished and committed to his family but doesn't have many friends that he spends time with. But I wonder if he has people to talk about life issues with besides his wife. She's a great woman but I think its good to have a rich social life besides your primary partner.

But I say that knowing it is hard to manage multiple relationships along with a partner and even more so if you have kids.