Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've got solid male relationships.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415158
13415158, I've got solid male relationships.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Dec-02-20 11:59 AM
Not a lot- I have two close friends that are very, very strong, and we cover everything under the sun when we talk, from shits & giggles to kids, family, to serious life problems. And we lean on each other when things get serious, hold each other accountable if we're fucking up, help keep each other on the straight and narrow, all that.

There are two others in that circle, and we're tight, but it's not to the same depths.

These aren't even friends. These are brothers, as far as I'm concerned.

I have one, who lives in Texas, another brother. His mom was essentially my mom, as far as she was concerned, and always treated me that way.

He's ride or die loyal as they come, but he's difficult to hang with sometimes because all he wants to do is party, and that's just not me. Our convos, at times, get mad heated too, especially when it's about heavy subject matter, but every last discussion ends with "I love you bro". In many ways, that exemplifies that bond. We've had discussions about rappers where we were straight up yelling, then laughing, and then yelling a few minutes later. And it always ends the same way.

I can look at those relationships objectively and say that I don't really have cause to feel like I need deeper friendships. I'm fortunate in that regard. I suppose that feeling comes with my actual blood brothers, none of which I speak to. Three of those are by my choice, while the other is somewhat mutual.

But that's a different story altogether, I suppose.