Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFeeling extremely lucky...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415154
13415154, Feeling extremely lucky...
Posted by double 0, Wed Dec-02-20 11:15 AM
It is interesting that a lot of you have really tight relationships pre-college. I have basically 1 friend that I keep up with in any consistent way. My strongest relationships are college homies and immediately post college when I ran track.

We have all had different seasons of our friendships (turn up and show out, marriage season, divorce season, getting real at 40 season). But it feels like for the most part they are all fairly deep relationships.

All of the people I call friends I’ve had “battles” with (not against). College, professional track, music industry so It could be possible we fortified these bonds cuz we faced a similar adversity I guess.

I’ve never been a team sports watcher or anything so those types of friendships would ever be fostered.

Equally as close as my guy friends are still a few homegirls who I’ve known as long. Similarly they are relationships forged in some sort fo fire.

The kinds of guy friendships they describe do feel like a lot of the ones I’ve had on my college track team or currently in my crossfit gym... super surface.