Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm lucky enough to have a deep friendship with a few guys
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415125
13415125, I'm lucky enough to have a deep friendship with a few guys
Posted by bigkarma, Tue Dec-01-20 11:08 PM
I have four insanely close friends. One I go back to sixth grade with, another ninth. The other two I met in college. We are all in the same fraternity... different schools, different times, but made sure we were all there for each other's crossings.

Three of us have been roommates post college. We've been best man or groomsmen in each others weddings. One is godfather to my son, and I'm godfather to another's son.

I have literally talked to one or more of them every week...for decades. The experiences I have shared with these gentleman are a bog part of who I am as a person.

My only complaint is that I don't actually see them that often. We all still live in the metro Atlanta area, but we all have demanding gigs, families...etc. During the pandemic we have had a ongoing chat that has just been going and going.

While we are all close, there's one that I'd probably consider my best friend. We see each other a few times a month, and our sons are actually best friends that have literally known each other since birth, being a year apart.

I'm lucky like that.