Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMen have a "taker" mentality, even in same sex friendships
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415121
13415121, Men have a "taker" mentality, even in same sex friendships
Posted by Mori, Tue Dec-01-20 09:12 PM
I find that men are always like "what can this person do for me" or "Why would I befrined that dude if he is of no use to me".

Women have a more "Girl we can kick it and support each other" type of thinking.

I noticed when I had my kid, many of my so called male friends didn't call, send a gift or do anything thoughtful. A few of the sensitive ones sent cash or called.

In my male friends' minds, I was off limits as a mother and obviously off the market for sex. It was sad to see. Those male friends generally didn't have close bonds outside of romantic relationships.

I think American male culture sees people as commodities and it infiltrates their personal lives.

I also know married men who have no networks outside of their wife and kids. I think this has more to do with how men focus on one thing and don't want to divide energy. But God forbid a divorce or a death, then their whole foundation is uprooted. My uncle remarried 2 years after his wife died and basically sunk into his new wife's life.