Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI make it back home about 3x/year max...typically only 2 though....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415057
13415057, I make it back home about 3x/year max...typically only 2 though....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Dec-01-20 01:27 PM
Thanksgiving and during the late spring or early summer.

And it's usually for only a few days.

So that's pretty much spent sitting around the house or me and the wife taking an opportunity to go out to eat without kids.

It's just tough to fit in a lot of stuff when you're only back home for like 3 days. I think the longest i've ever been back home was back when my dad had heart attack & triple bypass surgery. I stayed home with my mom for like 7 days and shuttled her back and forth between Greensboro and the VA Hospital in Durham....that was like 9 years ago though.

That kind of aligns with everything though....friendships, relationships...etc.. all of that takes time to really nurture and maintain. Seems like the older you get the less time you have.

Ultimately I think I really just made a conscious decision to focus on making sure me and the wife had a strong & solid foundation and ongoing relationship from jump. That meant putting a heavy emphasis on spending as much of our free/leisure time with each other over the years. I think we both just peeped that there's only so much time in a day/week/month/year and what we valued most was spending it with each other. So this all started basically 3 days after I graduated college in December of 1999 lol.. I bounced from NC to DC and didn't look back.

I think the ONLY thing I maybe halfway regret was not keeping up the NC A&T Homecoming tradition.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"