Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot particularly. We aren't estranged, nothing like that....just not "close"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414996&mesg_id=13415047
13415047, Not particularly. We aren't estranged, nothing like that....just not "close"
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Dec-01-20 12:51 PM
Just didn't grow up "tight" like that....
3 different personality types...3 different ways of living....3 different families at different stages, etc...

Plus we live in 3 different areas (i'm in the DMV, older is up near Baltimore & youngest is back home in NC)

I was the last to have kids...so while they were having kids and I had the "time and energy" to possibly bond closer to them...THEY didn't have the time and energy....
Now my kids are at that age were I don't have the time & energy & freedom to really be out there trying to make up for lost time.....

All in all...it's just a sad & fcked up situation.

I think about it often but have just come to accept that our relationships are what they are and we make the most of it. We talk on the phone about mostly topical stuff...sometimes deeper...most times not though. As far as hanging out, those opportunities are just few and far in-between.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"