Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI am glad it was 18 minutes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414645&mesg_id=13414786
13414786, I am glad it was 18 minutes
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Nov-26-20 01:36 PM
I thought it was great but would have been disappointed if it was the subject matter of a whole hour long special. A lot of comedians hit their low point when their material focuses on their personal grievance with the system that made them a star. I am thinking Martin Lawrence, Kat Williams.

But he told a good story in 18 minutes. Loved the 3 Card Monte story. It had everything.

He kinda threw Monique under the bus. While she is suing Netflix for racial and sexual discrimination, he is telling the public how great Netflix treated him. But Monique ain't helping herself comparing Breonna Taylor's death to how Oprah murdered her career. SMH.

Otherwise, I can't see how anybody can be mad at a brother utilizing the power that the networks always have. ANd I am a lawyer and I would never retreat behind, "well he signed a contract". F that. The contract is nothing. It's all about Power and when an artist to rewrite their contract I am happy for them.

That being said, I can only get so worked up by this particular grevience. Its just not going to resonate the same way his material does about police brutality of the stuff I can identify with.

So yeah its cool for 18 minutes, I hope he can return to more relatable material now he has gotten that off his chest.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"