Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think my mom is likely to get it and die this week
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414326&mesg_id=13414436
13414436, I think my mom is likely to get it and die this week
Posted by handle, Sat Nov-21-20 12:57 PM
Reminder: Mom went through chemo and a major cancer surgery this year. She has chronic pain AND she's very depressed because of all this PLUS the lockdown is getting her.

She has travelled to Arizona to spend 2 months with her sister, the sister's husband and their child (adopted grandkid.)

So her exposure risk is UP - this is an area of Arizona with a lot of infections (Navajo County) and while they wear masks they are going out a lot.

Well on Thanksgiving my aunt, husband and kid are going to a Thanksgiving dinner with 22 people.

My mother is not attending because of the risk.

But if they get on Thursday and come home she'll get it Friday or Saturday.

They just don't seem to be able to keep the idea that this is a VERY infectious disease that ONLY requires you to share air.

I can't fucking believe that now that there are actual vaccines that will be rolling out to people in a few MONTHS that they just can't fucking wait. It's a few months - it's not unknown/forever.

All this talk about FAMILY being the reason for the season is BULLSHIT - they are slaves to the calendar. If my mom dies of it I'll definitely be pissed at her - and I will definitely cut off that entire side of the family forever.