Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy wife’s school district CMS is forcing her to return in January
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414027
13414027, My wife’s school district CMS is forcing her to return in January
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-20 01:20 PM
and I don’t like that shit.

Cases going up, it’s a performing arts school.. but the kids can’t take dance classes because of Covid.

so the principle has put in some crazy ass protocol that forces all teachers to return because they need the bodies to enforce the guidelines. Which means all teachers are essential even though with doctors orders to teach remotely.

Shit like enforcing end monitoring:
1 bathroom open on each floor
Kids can’t take bathroom breaks without supervision
Hallways and stairwells that go in one direction
Kids have temp checks before entering the building
Walking around with a trash can so kids can throw their trash in it at lunch
separation of a kid feels sick

and a whole bunch of their shit that basically has my wife acting like a CO or a nurse. I’m hopping the spike will push things back but they seem determined to get these kids back in school so parents can go back to work. Our kids don’t have daycare right now cause.. you know, COVID!!!

She’s worried, I’m nervous and will prolly have to work from home with these kids in January.

13414028, It'll probably get pushed back.
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Nov-17-20 01:26 PM
They've already pushed start date back in our school district a month and I anticipate that happening again. I guess we'll all see what happens.
13414035, That’s what I keep telling her
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-20 02:23 PM
but that does little to help with the stress/fear/anger of having your boss shrug at your approved remote learning letter from HR because she ain’t shit.

13414071, Yeah, I hear that
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Nov-17-20 09:53 PM
13414029, My mom's school is going back to in-person after Thanksgiving
Posted by Oak27, Tue Nov-17-20 01:38 PM
She teaches at a vocational school that buses kids in from like a half-dozen cities/towns, and the rule had been if any city is in "red" status, school would be remote only.

But now every city/town in the area is red. Like the rest of the country, shit is way worse now than it was in September.

So, like, why is it okay to go back in person now if September was a no go?

Shit is ridiculous.
13414039, It’s wild to have kids return after mass family gatherings
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-20 02:57 PM
and school breaks. That’s when it will be the worst IMO.

13414043, Hadn't even thought of that, makes it even worse
Posted by Oak27, Tue Nov-17-20 04:00 PM
I guess since my Thanksgiving is just me and my parents this year I hadn't considered the fact that a lot of people are still gathering with extended family and what not.
13414050, and imagine how many families don’t think shit is real
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-20 05:03 PM
so they are going to have large gatherings

and my wife’s kids are still hanging out while claiming they all fucked up and depressed in virtual classes when it comes to doing work but then casually admit they chill with friends.

It’s going to be a mess.
13414033, "Open Schools NOW!" yard signs ... y'all got those down there?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Nov-17-20 02:13 PM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13414038, Nah.. but I had a few people on FB talking that nonsense
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-20 02:36 PM
and I feel for people who have been impacted financially by this shut down.

Shit is fucked up IMO. We can go to the grocery store, target, etc but a small shop can’t open cause???

But these kids.. that’s a totally different animal. These kids don’t give a damn and will spread it to teachers quick af.

13414051, Saw "My Child My Choice" signs/protesters driving through rural NH
Posted by Oak27, Tue Nov-17-20 05:16 PM
Thought it was weird seeing pro-choice signs in the same group of protesters holding Trump 2020 signs but then I realized what the sign was about and laughed at how oblivious these idiots are to hypocrisy/self-awareness.
13414041, my sis' school has been open a couple months. It's awful
Posted by CherNic, Tue Nov-17-20 03:17 PM
Some kids in person, some virtual. She texted today that they may be stopping in person until January and I really hope so. This country is fucking dumb

13414052, thanks for the heads up...
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Nov-17-20 05:44 PM
my granddaughter is still enrolled in nc. her school does in person and remote and gave us the option because her needs are different. I imagine they’ll force her back in, the teachers don’t want to do both.

are daycares open?
13414058, Pretty sure if you chose the remote option you should be good...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-17-20 07:50 PM
as a student.

Roy Cooper spoke today but he didn’t say shit.

Our daycare closed because they didn’t have numbers. Daycares are open tho. We haven’t even tried to attempt to get into a new one yet.

Can’t trust it.

13414322, These independent homeschool courses are it
Posted by Wizdom, Thu Nov-19-20 04:11 PM
She may want to create her own virtual course(s). The stress alone will force her to use those medical benefits..the freedom and relief will give her more time to create/design the life she wants. Just my opinion.
13414433, At this point, protecting the teachers seems to be the primary benefit
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Sat Nov-21-20 11:35 AM
Which is a good enough reason to keep them closed to me. Teaching isn’t meant to be a life endangering job.

But studies, so far, have shown that pre-school and elementary school kids aren’t spreading it to each other in a significant way. When young kids that are in school catch the disease, it’s overwhelmingly from the people they live with.

We have the luxury of keeping ours at home and socially distancing in general until the vaccine hits but the push to open the schools up (and therefore everything else ) is going to be very strong by spring so we’re starting to think about what our strategy will be.
13414440, It’s just a tough situation all around
Posted by DJR, Sat Nov-21-20 02:30 PM
Virtual learning means you’re going to lose so many kids that don’t have the parental support to make sure they’re doing what they need to do. We’re no longer talking a few months here. This is going on a year of this shit.

History will judge the “leaders” who didn’t do shit about this pandemic so harshly.
13414462, this is some bullshit, but ultimately, she gets to choose.
Posted by Damali, Sun Nov-22-20 11:06 AM
she's being forced to make a choice; not forced to come back to the building..

i hope you both are able to make the best choice for your family...so sorry you're having to go through this :(

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13414581, Thank you
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-24-20 08:52 AM
She’s already looking for them next gig and working with her rep to get an exemption.

We will see how it goes.