Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject3 eps in. I am not her audience so it's annoying
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13414016&mesg_id=13414555
13414555, 3 eps in. I am not her audience so it's annoying
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Nov-23-20 08:55 PM
Also my tolerance for shit has declined significantly in 2020.

Talking to my wife I realized it. I came up in the NYC public school system. My parents were educators. My wife is an educator. These patterns are shit I lived through. It quite literally shaped who i became as an individual and as a parent. Not trusting the school system to the education of my own kids was I direct result of the underlying systemic racism I experienced.

Since we family here, the reason I have had such a challenge accepting mental health professionals is because they were weaponized against me as an intelligent black male in the public school system to keep me out of gifted programs and protect white fragility. I saw the budget cuts, the overcrowding, the under qualified teachers. I also knew the Private schools, the rich white parents that fundraise, the tokenism.

So she isn't speaking to me. The surprise of it all misses me. And then there are just those moments. It reminds me of everyone's critique of Woodward for holding his Trump interview for a book. I'm not trying to imply she's capitalizing. But in the first episode that wait and see what happens while knowing these folk were going behind the latinx moms back that's that bullshit. Letting the French woman patronize that mom rather than call her out is some bullshit.

And it ain't her fault that's just how this shit goes. I mean there was no deep investigative reporting in this. It was all public fucking record. Got board of ed officials saying yeah that was our racist policy because it's in the fucking minutes.

I don't know. I will make it to the end but like I said she isn't speaking to me. And the people who she is speaking to are the same ones that use chaos and other code words to perpetuate this shit because it protects their interests when it's convenient to them.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."