Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGetting "woke" and shit. I need some book recs.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13413125&mesg_id=13413125
13413125, Getting "woke" and shit. I need some book recs.
Posted by double negative, Mon Nov-09-20 04:10 PM
Aye yo, I'm talking ear reading and eye reading ya'll. Audiobooks and books.

I'm never not reading somethin'. Lately, I've been thinking about history, black empowerment, economics, policy and politics.

Recent reads:

***'The Color of Money: Black Banks and the Racial Wealth Gap' (8.5 hrs)

Easily 🎤🎤🎤🎤. You ever read some shit and you start feeling like you see the world differently? I had that with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Color-Money-Black-Racial-Wealth/dp/0674970950

***'Kill All Normies: Online Culture Wars from 4Chan and Tumblr to Trump and the Alt-Right' (4hrs)

You want to know how we got here and what the alt right is? and I don't mean "oh them boys with the tiki torches" - this book goes deep into how we got here from a social media perspective and how we got here from a philosophical+historical perspective

***'Black Rednecks and White Liberals'
Fuckin' don't even read this horseshit. Thomas Sowell is the black guy they can rollout to say "see? you niggers have it fucked up, opportunity is still alive in America"

I made gave it 1 hour before being mad I even tried to be fair with ideas.

*** 'Homo Deus - A Brief History of Tomorrow'
Dense, the thing I got from it is...nothing is real, we're only really in love with symbols - as in, The King merely a representation of what we want to have in a king.

*** 'The Plot to Betray America; How Team Trump Embraced Our Enemies, Compromised Our Security, and How We Can Fix It'

Trump is a certified piece of shit. The end.

Recommended reading for a long drive if you want to have some Trump facts to drop on his fans who deny reality.

***'Know Your Price: Valuing Black Lives and Property in America’s Black Cities'

Essentially, the only color that matter is green is a fucking lie of the devil. Our property, lives and the things we (black people) touch are devalued. I havent read it yet, its next up.

What you got?