Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSee, I think the whole Emily Murphy is micro-news at most or non-news
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13412954&mesg_id=13414615
13414615, See, I think the whole Emily Murphy is micro-news at most or non-news
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-24-20 12:56 PM
I am going to harp on a theme I see everywhere now but the whole "drama" about micro-news was a complete waste of time and distraction. We are so wired for real time and constant news updates we are led to believe minor events are bigger news then they are.

You know why we never heard of the head of the GSA, because they are not significant news makers but are instead beuaucrats who really don't have a role in standing in the way of a transition to a Biden presidency. I am not even sure this woman delayed the transition. She was a procurement officer. At most she slowed down getting office space and it might take a little longer to get reimbursement for their transition expenses.

I think her actions were inconsequential (or certainly less consequential then they were made out to be) but the media treated it like our very democracy was at risk if she didn't make that phone call.

IDK. I have just been annoyed by this election cycle how forgone conclusions are being treated like horse races.

Even the lawsuits being treated more of a real shot than they actually are.

Once you start looking for the false horse races and small events being blown up to bing events you see it everywhere and you see that we never really talk about the things that matter.

micro or fast news is making us all dumber and alarmist and losing the ability to think long term and see the bigger picture.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"