Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectfuck that, what are all of YOU doing?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13412705&mesg_id=13413240
13413240, fuck that, what are all of YOU doing?
Posted by double negative, Tue Nov-10-20 11:15 AM
look, I know we got jobs and bills and kids

at a minimum vote and at a maximum attend protests

I want to see more people getting involved with local politics and taking ownership of their communities.

the president is not jesus.

the president is only the king of capitalism and maintaining status quo.

asking them to be the change you want to see is...it's not logical. Another way to put it, don't expect them to open the door for you, but, you should expect the president who represents your needs to open the door for you when you knock.

Why am I on this kick?

Aight - I'm really proud of the leftist activity thats been happening over the past few years. when i say leftist, I don't mean "the democratic party", I'm talking about the soc dems, the progressives, etc.

BUT

I don't get the sense these people are pushing as hard as they could be to get some seats at the table.

Contrast to q-anon believers picking up positions left and right or being a strong enough argument to convert people who are already in power.

So, I'm looking at the landscape like...what we gonna do? The fight does not end with Biden.

Biden's presence just clears up some bandwidth, hes not the solution - you are the solution.

I want to see more black people, and more poor black people picking up power in political positions or community leadership roles.

To be clear, this is not an attack on anyone. I would like there to be a shifting in perspective and I want to see more AOC like stories happening.