Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA Biden presidency: what happens now?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13412705
13412705, A Biden presidency: what happens now?
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Sat Nov-07-20 12:56 PM
I did my 2 mins of celebration. Big sigh of relief. Still holding my breath a little for the small chance of shenanigans. But yeah, it's over.

So what comes next? There's a good chance it will be a divided government unless GA comes through with the 2 special elections. So, gridlock?

If supreme court seats come up, will this admin be able to fill them? Will judicial seats remain unfilled? Will all legislation be shut down? Or will we see a return to bipartisanship?

How do you think a Biden administration will go?

13412706, Progressives forget about taking over the country and mature and face
Posted by c71, Sat Nov-07-20 12:59 PM
reality

Either Biden type leadership or Trump fascist takeovers of everything.

No more Susan Sarandon "Trump elections will cause left-wing (sucessful) revolts."

No they won't
13412711, ok, What are the Moderate/Centrist Goals and policies
Posted by Adwhizz, Sat Nov-07-20 01:08 PM
that Biden and his Administration are going to go HARD BODY towards achieving on behalf of the people who voted for him?

What's their long term game?

What are they're willing to FIGHT tooth and nail on and match the level strategy & outright viciousness the GOP has been showing them over the last 20 years?

I voted for/donated money to Biden's campaign.

Super glad he won, but if that doesn't translate to Democratic Leadership actually showing some strength, making better strategic and messaging choices than what they've BEEN doing then people will be fully in the right calling them out on it
13412714, You and your friends do whatever you want the Democratic party to do
Posted by c71, Sat Nov-07-20 01:12 PM
Do it all yourself

Whatever you want

If YOU and YOUR friends can't do it, then it can't be done.
13412715, I'm not in office. None of my struggling ass friends are in office
Posted by Adwhizz, Sat Nov-07-20 01:21 PM
I'm asking what are THEY (the people we ALL just worked to get elected) going to do?

I already know it's probably not going to be what I want them

What ARE their top priorities?

I legit hope they DO get some positive changes, hope they start being better at politics and strategy

I WANT to be able to give them credit for whatever they accomplished 4/8 years from now.

If they're going to run a moderate/centrist administrator and pursue those policies (Whatever that might be) they need to actually show some fucking strength
13412719, Their priorities will be whatever you and your friends work
Posted by c71, Sat Nov-07-20 01:27 PM
within the Democratic party to make them to be.

No work from you and your friends, no results.

Reality check time.
13413075, this will begin to reveal itself as cabinet positions are filled
Posted by Damali, Mon Nov-09-20 01:56 PM
as we know from DeVos, et al, the tone and priorities are set for the most part by the person in charge of the department.

so we will see...

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13412727, you're old and cant understand incrementalism is no longer the wave
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sat Nov-07-20 01:53 PM
Biden is about to have a long year I know that much. The pandemic sparked a lot of political engagement amongst young people and the BLM protests spiked it even more.

if material conditions dont change a lot of mofos are gonna be losing their seats soon.

and the next republican candidate will be just as vile but less polarizing. softball politics aint gonna beat that.
13412739, Whatever youthful non-incrementalism didn't lead to folks having any other options
Posted by c71, Sat Nov-07-20 02:16 PM
than being a part of the Democratic party movement and voting for Biden to end Trump's presidency

So....

I really doubt young people (fresh off
their failing to get their man Bernie past the Democratic party primary) are going to come up with a better strategy than ACTUALLY DOING WORK PARTICIPATING in the Democratic Party to defeat any less-polarizing sequel to Trump.

"Oh, sure, engaged young activists will have the answer 4 years from now. Yeah, right."

But...they had to look to the Dems this year even though Trump's been in office since 2016
13414441, Progressives need to STFU and read,
Posted by Tw3nty, Sat Nov-21-20 02:48 PM
their entire agenda has already been passed in congress by moderates and centrists, there is one huge roadblock named McConnell.
It's fruitless to infight when the real issue is one person.
Also if you're infighting and not trying to protect black people's civil rights at this very moment, you're trash.
13412716, Now? We drink. After that...
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Nov-07-20 01:22 PM
For the lame duck session, I would guess the McConnell is going to desperately try to pass COVID relief but Drumf isn't going to pass shit. He's going to sulk and try to settle scores. He'll fire the FBI head and try to get Fauchi fired.

Hopefully, Pelosi will spend the session trying to raise havoc. She should try to impeach Dipshit again. And Barr. And DeVos.

But after Jan. 20 and Biden is officially President and Drumf has been dragged out? Without the Senate, Biden will be limited in what he can do. I do think he can push through more COVID stimulus, because even the GOP senators know it isn't going away. And he'll have to come up with a general COVID plan of action.

Beyond that, I imagine he'll spend the next two years undoing all the foul executive orders that Drumf issued. And repairing our global standing. And doing whatever he can to advance his plan for Black America, 'cause you know, Black people won him the election.
13412728, On god.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sat Nov-07-20 01:54 PM

>Beyond that, I imagine he'll spend the next two years undoing
>all the foul executive orders that Drumf issued. And repairing
>our global standing. And doing whatever he can to advance his
>plan for Black America, 'cause you know, Black people won him
>the election.
>

13412731, Hold that old devil's feet to the fire
Posted by Musa, Sat Nov-07-20 02:05 PM
primary issues should be agreed upon and pushed

He shouldn't be able to sleep without having a the echo of our demands in his demented head.
13412732, I WANT REVENGE.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Nov-07-20 02:11 PM
i wanna throw these niggas in cages.
13412743, SAME. PERP WALK EVERY SINGLE ONE
Posted by Damali, Sat Nov-07-20 02:34 PM

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly
13412757, puts on The Payback
Posted by rdhull, Sat Nov-07-20 03:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istJXUJJP0g
13412768, I do as well. I want all of these MFs gone.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-07-20 03:29 PM
13412769, Yeah, like i don't expect Biden to do it
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Nov-07-20 03:29 PM
but i hope the SDNY and others go full steam at his whole fucking crew
13412770, I mean, yeah, he really doesn't need to right now
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Nov-07-20 03:34 PM
Like you said, let the SDNY handle it for the time being.

Truthfully, if things look like they're going well there, THEN you file federal charges.
13412952, Biden can't. but his AG won't put their thumb on the scale. put every
Posted by poetx, Sun Nov-08-20 04:00 PM
last one of these mfers in jail.

there's really two wholly different paths and it all hinges on the senate.

that is job 1, 2 and 3.

but wholesale prosecution of these people should help. and it should get a few people out of the paint.

i mean, an insider trading investigation against burr, loeffler and yes, throw in diane feinstein for appearances sake.

find whatever kompromat they got on bitchass lindsey and bring him down.

scorched earth shit.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
13412772, I really wish that there was a way to prosecute Miller
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Nov-07-20 03:40 PM
But of all these fucks, he's the mostly likely to be back. He's attach himself to Cotton or Hawley and advising them on their soon-to-be horrific campaigns in 2024.

I take some solace in Barr, DeVos, Mnuchin, Kudlow, and Carson being done. I don't know if they could logistically go after any of them, aside from maybe Barr.
13412787, I want that motherfucker thrown in Gitmo
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Nov-07-20 04:41 PM
and then close Gitmo and leave him there.
13412802, As an educator, it is glorious to see Devos go
Posted by Amritsar, Sat Nov-07-20 06:06 PM
I’m biased on this one, but she was maybe the worst Of all his cabinet appointees

Good fucking riddance
13412742, Get these kids back to their parents
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Nov-07-20 02:33 PM
i don't know how long or hard this process is and the permanent damage can't be un done but it's definitely some day one shit.
13412806, absolutely
Posted by shygurl, Sat Nov-07-20 06:32 PM
Also, any woman sterilized should get some sort of monetary compensation and an automatic pathway to citizenship.
13412750, the run off in GA...
Posted by Trinity444, Sat Nov-07-20 02:43 PM
Let’s do it again Georgia

13412894, <3 <3 <3 <3
Posted by Bambino Grande, Sun Nov-08-20 03:39 AM
13412914, Any way for outside folk to help out?
Posted by vik, Sun Nov-08-20 10:56 AM
I also asked in the election pt2 post.
13413055, donations?
Posted by Trinity444, Mon Nov-09-20 12:53 PM
I heard the republicans about to spend a boat load of money...
13412755, Shit
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-07-20 02:57 PM
Nothing but grid lock and more of the same. No real change was made, just the changing of a seat.

We go through this every 4 years. I remember when Obama was elected, the narrative was there was going to be this generational change, and that government was going to be different. People danced in the street, and celebrated the election of the first black leader.

However, it was just more of the same, and a lot of gray politics.

Once this dies down, and the honeymoon is over, back to repeat politics.
13412758, you sound re-damn-diculous
Posted by rdhull, Sat Nov-07-20 03:09 PM
>Nothing but grid lock and more of the same. No real change
>was made, just the changing of a seat.
>
>We go through this every 4 years. I remember when Obama was
>elected, the narrative was there was going to be this
>generational change, and that government was going to be
>different. People danced in the street, and celebrated the
>election of the first black leader.
>
>However, it was just more of the same, and a lot of gray
>politics.
>
>Once this dies down, and the honeymoon is over, back to
>repeat politics.
13412760, People will get the results of what they do
Posted by c71, Sat Nov-07-20 03:10 PM
They work to get a result in the Democratic party or they won't do work and let things go how whoever's does the work makes them go.
13412779, People were afraid of the real change that was needed.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-07-20 04:15 PM
Wall Street didn’t give a shit about this election, as long as it wasn’t Warren or Sanders.
Trump is a business guy, which is a win or for corporate America. And Biden is a centrist, who will be relaxed on pushing higher taxes for the rich, as well as not pushing for reform on companies buying back their stock shares.

With a republican senate and republicans having more chairs in the house, important legislations will get pushed back... and on top of that we have a republican Supreme Court.

Americans just want luxuries and to eat the American pie, and don’t want that to be interrupted for any true change. Just look at the people out in the streets celebrating, creating dense crowds while being in close contact with one another. The Covid pandemic has surged past its original highs that were created during the first wave, and
state and city governments have reimplemented strict gathering prohibitions.

13412795, ^^^ not an organizer or do-er of anything
Posted by Damali, Sat Nov-07-20 05:32 PM
Bree Newsome Bass said it best:

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/1325144801822568448

"Idk how anyone can look at what BIPOC organizers just did & conclude that nothing will change. Folks continue to place more focus on individual white politicians than the power of our own communities to bring about change. There’s a heavy habit of defeatism that plagues the left.

Clearly we have the power if we so choose to raise our own leaders & representatives and replace the people currently in power. So how does it make sense to argue that we have no power & nothing will change when clearly things will change if we keep organizing like this 24/7/365?"

d

13412804, ^^Same ballistics kicked every year.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-07-20 06:18 PM
You think you control your neighborhoods?? Okay

Property taxes rise every year to intentionally push people out. I live in Illinois which has the highest property tax in all of America. People are leaving by the boat loads.

We just voted for the first African American female mayor, who promised to end the many fines and fees that the city issues. Well, she just went back on that campaign and wants to issue speed camera tickets in the middle of a pandemic, where there are people who are out of work and dealing with financial hardship.

If the people truly controlled their neighborhoods and the republic they live in, the people who are in office would be different. We would have a totally different form of government.

13412816, what part of "don't stop organizing" do you not understand?
Posted by Damali, Sat Nov-07-20 07:12 PM
You lack imagination, stamina and persistence. noted

you are perfectly free to hold that position and give up.

sit yo lazy, entitled ass on the fucking sidelines, snark and complain if you like.

meanwhile, those of us that CAN do shit (namely BLACK WOMEN), will.

enjoy, boo. (or not. i don't fucking care LOL)

d

13412822, Thank you for the name calling and tactless responses.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-07-20 07:39 PM
And not adding anything substantial to the conversation except for generalization.

Regardless of my opinion, I didn’t verbally attack you or your opinion. I simply disagreed, and provided examples.
13412870, you're welcome
Posted by Damali, Sat Nov-07-20 10:08 PM
and i don't give a fuck...i said what i said, HOW i said it.

i see you didn't disagree with it cuz you know you ain't gonna do shit.

i didn't see you write ONE thing you gonna do.

I'll wave at you while you sit on the sidelines and bitch. LOL

d

13412805, nah
Posted by makaveli, Sat Nov-07-20 06:29 PM
13412859, Are you saying
Posted by Lurkmode, Sat Nov-07-20 09:19 PM
>Nothing but grid lock and more of the same. No real change
>was made, just the changing of a seat.
>
>We go through this every 4 years. I remember when Obama was
>elected, the narrative was there was going to be this
>generational change, and that government was going to be
>different. People danced in the street, and celebrated the
>election of the first black leader.
>
>However, it was just more of the same, and a lot of gray
>politics.
>
>Once this dies down, and the honeymoon is over, back to
>repeat politics.

It was no change between Obama and Trump ?
13412874, it looks that way when you only pay attention 1-2 months every
Posted by Stadiq, Sat Nov-07-20 10:38 PM
four years.

Even if the Senate is in complete fucking gridlock, this is a huge W.

Lots Biden can do with EO, etc.

And yes, by simply being a normal human being.

Having someone who takes COVID seriously ALONE is a win.

Seriously, pay closer attention from January to at least June then come back and tell us all nothing changed.
13412887, New person. Same chair.
Posted by allStah, Sun Nov-08-20 01:13 AM
Until there is a completely new form of government, meaning away with the presidential system, there will never be any true change. The SYSTEM is still the same.

This is a complete re-run from when Obama won. He was the first black person to get elected president, and people were dancing in the streets, and praising that change was going to come, and stating that it was going to be different. However, what we saw was the regression of the Democratic Party, which allowed a person like Trump to get into office.

I can even go as far back as when Clinton won and people rejoiced because it was supposed to be this huge change from the time of Regan.

Change to Democrat. Change to Republican. Wash, rinse, repeat.

BBC was interviewing analysts regarding Biden being elected, and one analyst stated that: America is really good at celebrating a new this and a new that, yet they fail to get to the heart of a lot of serious issues that plague the country.

I pay taxes. I pay SS. I vote, so I am an Employer of the people who are in office, just like every other American. So if a president can be employed ,so can a new government structure......That is what I will continue to voice.
13412891, You can want a new system, and hopefully work to make that happen
Posted by c71, Sun Nov-08-20 01:58 AM
...but......

If a new system of Gov't is brought in by voting, what is to stop people from voting for another system if things get rocky with your preferred new system? (oh, I guess your new system will have no problems so nobody will vote for another system at some point - are you talking about creating utopia?)

...or you'll outlaw voting in your new system of Gov't so the people have no choice but to accept the flaws, rocky beginnings, etc.?.

So...if it can be assumed that people will have a choice to continue with your new system of Gov't either by voting or just overthrowing the imperfect thing (oh, it'll be perfect and smooth sailing from the start, right?), then it seems that your hope has no more stability then just voting for whoever's will do a good job as Pres here and now.

People always have choices and there is no guarantee they will tolerate any rough beginnings of the inception of a new system.

You are wanting something human nature resists (belief in creating a new system and bearing with its rocky inception)

Therefore...

You are wanting something to keep you from being engaged in what is.
13412766, I smell lame duck scenario, even if Georgia pulls it out
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-07-20 03:28 PM
I hope they do, though.

Not unseating Susan Collins was a huge L, she needed to go.

there needs to be outside organizing to make sure 2022 doesn't become a huge L.

Priority 1 should be COVID relief.
13412790, Wow dude just own it and stop dancing around the shit
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Sat Nov-07-20 04:50 PM
Can you just make a place holder reply about how u want them to fail since Bernie didn’t win and we can just reference thatthat shit for the next Four years if we care to see it

Calling him a lame duck before he is even inaugurated is whew...smh
13412903, *puts gun barrel directly to the side of his temple*
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Nov-08-20 08:03 AM
>Can you just make a place holder reply about how u want them
>to fail since Bernie didn’t win and we can just reference
>thatthat shit for the next Four years if we care to see it

LOOK HERE. I DIDN'T SAY BERNIE'S NAME FOR A MOTHERFUCKING REASON. HE AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!

THE DEMOCRATS GOT KILLED DOWN BALLOT YOU MOTHERFUCKIN DULLARD!!!!!!

UNTIL THOSE GODDAMN RUNOFFS ARE WON, BITCH-ASS MITCH CONTROLS THE MOTHERFUCKIN' SENATE!!!! AND SHIT WILL NOT GET DONE!

YOU BITCH ASS LIBS JUMP THE ROUTE THINKING IT'S ABOUT DUDE AND SHOW YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION THESE LAST FOUR YEARS!

AND NO, I'M NOT GONNA STOP TYPING IN CAPS UNTIL YOU BITCH ASS NIGGAS UNDERSTAND HOW THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS OPERATE AND HAVE BEEN OPERATING!!!!

DEMS GOTTA WIN IN GEORGIA, GOTTA WIN IN MIDTERMS AND THESE MOTHERFUCKERS GOTTA STOP PRETENDING THEY GOTTA PLAY NICE WITH REPUBLICANS BECAUSE SHIT AIN'T GONNA GET DONE OTHERWISE!!!!

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER REPEAT TRUMP SCENARIO TO WIN OTHERWISE!

BY THE WAY!!

WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TRUMP IF HILLARY CLINTON'S MONKEY ASS COULD BE BOTHERED TO ACTUALLY CAMPAIGN LIKE SOMEONE WHO TOOK THE SHIT SERIOUSLY!

WAITING ON WHITE WOMEN BUT BECAUSE OF HER FUNKY ASS, WE GOT A BLACK PRESIDENT AND A BLACK VICE PRESIDENT BECAUSE HER PEOPLE VOTE FOR THEIR SNATCH GETTING SNATCHED.

AND YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WANNA TALK ABOUT BERNIE?!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!

BITCH ASS NIGGAS!!!!

REEQ SAID THE SAME FUCKIN' SHIT IN THE ELECTION DAY POST.
13413133, Lmao.. I read that in my Sam Jackson voice
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-09-20 04:33 PM
These people love bringing up Bernie
13414304, I'm tired of this shit, man. Biden is President.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Nov-19-20 02:19 PM
it's time to start talking about the man in charge, since we ALL went to sleep during Obama's Presidency.

Already he's talking unity.

THERE IS NO UNITY TO BE HAD.

DEMOCRATS NEED TO CLEAR OUT THE REPUBLICANS.
13414945, I hope you KNOW I ain’t reading all that shit. You’re the fuck crazy
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Nov-30-20 03:13 PM
U fell all the way off and look at who is co-signing u lmao
13412791, First legislative pushes should be permanent protection for DACA and
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Sat Nov-07-20 04:54 PM
Coronavirus relief package. Next at least try to
Put forward legislative fixes for the ACA

A lot of
Exec orders undoing trumps Bullshit and National mask mandate.
13412799, a *ton* of work and organizing. Our system is endangered
Posted by Vex_id, Sat Nov-07-20 06:01 PM
I'm glad to hear Biden saying he'll immediately re-enter the Paris Climate Accord - he needs to the same with the JCPOA and start to clean up the mess we've made all over the world. But he won't do it without a mandate from the base. We should all be excited because we once again have a President who can be influenced by the people, or so we hope. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and work to push the needle on a myriad of issues from crim. justice reform, healthcare as a human right, foreign policy, and economic/social/environmental justice.

I'm optimistic right now just for the sake of being optimistic. But we can't be naive and lull back to sleep as if all will be well now. We've stopped the bleeding - now we've got to heal and nurse this country to a state of dynamic health.
-->
13412801, Most folks covered the important stuff already. But one more:
Posted by Amritsar, Sat Nov-07-20 06:04 PM
Restore our standing around the world. Appoint a Secretary of State who can accomplish this

You can tell leaders around the world are already happy about the result. Many of them are tweeting their support before trump conceded and that speaks volumes
13412807, He’s naming members of the COVID Task Force on Monday
Posted by makaveli, Sat Nov-07-20 06:33 PM
It will be nice to have a president who cares.
13412808, I’m definitely donating to the senate candidates in GA
Posted by makaveli, Sat Nov-07-20 06:35 PM
13412824, TRAINS!!!!!
Posted by Walleye, Sat Nov-07-20 07:55 PM
Whatever his agenda is, making it happen with legislation will obviously be difficult. But infrastructure is supposed to be the kind of thing that can get bi-partisan support and they'll try to sell it as part of taking environmental issues seriously and Joe Biden loves trains, jack.

Which is great. Our terrible rail transport is a pretty minor indignity, as far as things this demonic country inflicts on its people, but it's incredibly irritating. There are HUGE metropolises (metropolii?) that you simply can't access by train. Like Nashville. If a city has an NFL team, you should be able to get there by fast, easy train service. There's no train to Las Vegas either. Can you imagine taking a train to Las Vegas?
13412825, I would so love that. Yeah infrastructure and investment in rail should
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Sat Nov-07-20 07:58 PM
Definitely be a go to
13412830, Right? Countries with good trains seem so happy
Posted by Walleye, Sat Nov-07-20 08:13 PM
When we're not in a pandemic, I try to get back to visit Chicago three or four times a year. Usually ends up one or two, but still.

I'd love to stop deciding between the price and assorted bullshit of flying, the time expenditure of driving, or our present rail system that is somehow as expensive as a plane and as long as a car. Just get on a train and arrive in Chicago (getting an hour back for the switch to central time) in about the time it takes to read a novel.

Working people in America work *so hard* and deserve some nice shit.
13412871, omg yes please
Posted by Damali, Sat Nov-07-20 10:08 PM

13412881, My man lol
Posted by T Reynolds, Sun Nov-08-20 12:07 AM
13412946, my mom asked me to be positive
Posted by Walleye, Sun Nov-08-20 02:04 PM
I won't, soon enough. But watching Trump eat shit has been pleasant. And the challenge to find something genuinely and meaningfully good that...

a)was at least specific to Biden himself
b)politically plausible
c)wasn't a species of "he's not Trump"

... was kind of fun.

To add on, Jill Biden is all about community colleges, which may be nice on a personal level because I work at one of those, and nice on a general level because I believe in them as valuable, affordable ways for working class people to pursue education. And even though education isn't the same thing as worker control of the means of production, and even though I generally think white people with PhD's who go by "doctor" are embarrassing, if the Biden administration is a win for community colleges then it won't be all bad.

But mostly: TRAINS. I think this is a politically realistic option even under what I suspect will be four years of suffocating austerity that will offer real personal and financial benefit to working people that, like community colleges, could really use a win.
13412897, the lack of high speed rail in the US is the biggest fucking joke
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Nov-08-20 04:07 AM
like it's not the thing we need the most

but the fact that we don't have it is preposterous

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13413053, Rick Scott killed Obama's plan, then invested in a high speed rail project
Posted by Marbles, Mon Nov-09-20 12:34 PM
We thought he was just trying to stick it to Obama and obstruct his agenda. But once this all went down, I wasn't surprised he would this brazen and that voters would just shrug about it.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/08/16/gov-scott-killed-high-speed-rail-project-later-invested-in-all-aboard-florida/

MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Florida Gov. Rick Scott, who killed a major publically-financed high-speed rail project in his first year in office, has invested with his wife in a fund that has links to a private company building a new high-speed rail line.

The Miami Herald reported Thursday that new financial disclosures show Scott and his wife have invested in a credit fund run by the parent company of All Aboard Florida. All Aboard Florida is building the Brightline line from Miami to Orlando, but recently expressed interest in extending it to Tampa.

Scott in 2011 rejected $2.4 billion the federal government offered the state to build a high-speed rail line to Tampa. He said the project championed by President Barack Obama was too risky and predicted the state would wind up subsidizing the project because ridership and revenue projections were “overly optimistic.”

Scott, however, has said he supports All Aboard Florida’s plans to construct a line to Tampa and called it an “exciting opportunity.”

Scott, who is leaving office due to term limits, is now running for U.S. Senate. He was required last month to submit a detailed financial disclosure that showed his family is much richer than Scott has been reporting to state authorities. That disclosure also revealed for the first time the holdings of Ann Scott.

The Herald pointed out that both Scott and his wife invested in a fund run by Fortress Investment Group, which is the parent company of the rail company that operates Brightline. Brightline is already running trains between West Palm Beach and Miami. The Scotts’ investment in Fortress Secured Lending Fund — the credit and lending division — produced at least $150,000 in income last year,

Lauren Schenone, a spokeswoman for Scott, said the investment with Fortress is unrelated to All Aboard Florida.

“Both the governor’s and the first lady’s investments are in an unrelated debt-financing fund,” Schenone said. “As such, the success or failure of All Aboard Florida or any rail project within the State of Florida will have no effect on this investment.”

Schenone has also said Gov. Scott’s own investments are in a blind trust that he does not control and he does not discuss his wife’s investments.

A Democratic-aligned group that opposes Scott’s candidacy sharply criticized the Scott investment.

“Rick Scott killed high speed rail in 2011 to help his special interest allies profit — and to pad his own wallet,” said American Bridge spokesman Joshua Karrp. “This is the very definition of conflict of interest and corruption.”

Scott has said he backs All Aboard Florida because it is a privately-funded project with no risk to taxpayers. A review of documents by The Associated Press in 2014, however, showed that some of Scott’s top aides and agency heads assisted the development of the train.

13413406, That was just a profound bummer
Posted by Walleye, Wed Nov-11-20 09:38 AM
I mean, thanks for linking it because I had no idea. But holy shit did that make me sad.
13412877, Those speeches were so refreshing
Posted by DJR, Sat Nov-07-20 10:59 PM
Refreshing to hear some professionals and normal human beings speak with some class.

So sick of Trump bitching and moaning and talking about himself. I hope I never see or hear a word from him again. Just go play golf.
13412890, Nothing good happens for my people
Posted by Kira, Sun Nov-08-20 01:35 AM
If they dont obtain the Senate then Republicans obstruct them every chance they get.

Both Jim Crow Joe and Kamala will not pursue punishishment in any capacity for police officers that kill unarmed black men and women.

We're just as screwed under this duo as we were under Trump.
13412898, who are your people again
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Nov-08-20 04:08 AM

13412895, Going To Treat The Last 4 Years As If The World Was In Twilght Zone
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Sun Nov-08-20 03:49 AM
...and we just finally made it in enough time to go back to reality; personally we are still not out of t.rump's burning woods just yet, we still got the rest of November, December, and the first half of January to endure.

We should know he's not going to leave quietly or take the high road and just chill and go, oh no, he's going to do & say a lot of stupid and wtf type shit and his sheep will probably do the same until they realize we are tired of that shit & ready for him to just go to his new home in florida.

As far as Biden & Harris, I don't really care what they do right now, politics has been surrounding us for five years with all the boo boo talk, I'm ready to go back to ignoring politics for a while.

13412907, ...
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Sun Nov-08-20 09:11 AM
>
13412908, Anybody that thinks we're not better off without Trump is an idiot.
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Nov-08-20 09:26 AM
13412911, people dont realize how close we were to being a dictatorship.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Nov-08-20 09:38 AM
13412947, we're in for A LOT of dumb takes
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Nov-08-20 02:09 PM
over the next few years about how he really just talked shit and didn't really do anything so bad compared to other presidents.

I'll take this stupidity all week over what would have come from a second term of this monster.
13413195, thanks for coming through
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Nov-09-20 08:52 PM
13412950, Tell me how "we" are better
Posted by Musa, Sun Nov-08-20 03:30 PM
?
13412969, #1 COVID
Posted by Damali, Sun Nov-08-20 09:03 PM
Trump was gonna let it keep spreading and killing up to two million more people.

Biden is NOT on that herd immunity bs. He takes the virus seriously, as will the rest of the federal government

that alone will literally save MILLIONS of lives...mostly Black, Latino and Native folk too

d

13413013, Lol
Posted by Musa, Mon Nov-09-20 10:15 AM
COVID is the least of our worries.

13413019, No the fuck it isn't
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Nov-09-20 10:18 AM
hotep gon hoptep tho
13413057, i should add that fuckery to my sig
Posted by Damali, Mon Nov-09-20 12:58 PM

13413162, And isfet gonna parrot pink folks
Posted by Musa, Mon Nov-09-20 06:33 PM
soooooo.....
13413059, are you a doctor or a nurse in an ICU right now?
Posted by Damali, Mon Nov-09-20 01:08 PM
these people are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5nXfEKG5rE

talk to ONE ICU doctor. i dare you. I'm not sure what planet you live on, but THIS is the reality:

US hospitals are nearing capacity:
https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/10/27/coronavirus

also, who is "our"?
Latinos and black people together comprise 55% of coronavirus cases, nearly double their U.S. population makeup, according to CDC data

https://salud-america.org/coronavirus-case-rates-and-death-rates-for-latinos-in-the-united-states/

d

13413166, COVID not over...
Posted by luminous, Mon Nov-09-20 06:45 PM
Utah governor declares new state of emergency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r7-YEtoSW4
13413190, Yall going for this COVID hoopla
Posted by Musa, Mon Nov-09-20 08:26 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/health/neanderthal-genes-severe-coronavirus-reactions-wellness-scn/index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/cuba-says-it-s-contained-coronavirus-outbreak-plans-open-tourism-n1242710

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/nba-coronavirus-covid-list/

I bet you all will take a vaccine when they push this guinea pig $hit out on the "minorities" first right?

Yall are a sad lot negros.

CDC statistic

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e1.htm

funny part is no one is including any chronic conditions, autoimmune diseases that these "communities" have due to RACISM AND OPPRESSION.

Lets look at African nations

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53181555

and you dummies will probably push for a vaccine for a virus that +96% of people will naturally survive?

13413229, lmao! Look at you parroting pink people
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Nov-10-20 10:11 AM
13413283, i'm definitely falling for the hoopla
Posted by luminous, Tue Nov-10-20 01:58 PM
i know 4 people who died from it

13413419, Condolences
Posted by makaveli, Wed Nov-11-20 11:06 AM
This is such a hard time, I just wish more people believed in taking care of each other. And science.
13413557, lol what? Did you even read your links?
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-12-20 12:05 PM

Shit isn't "hoopla"...if you need some proof you can try...your own links.

"dummies" lol lol lol I'm crying
13413132, ^^^#1 on the idiot list
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-09-20 04:33 PM
13413161, Lol
Posted by Musa, Mon Nov-09-20 06:32 PM
insults don't answer the question.
13413175, The way you're not answering Damali in #73?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Nov-09-20 07:16 PM
>insults don't answer the question.

Nothing like laughing at people for not answering the question, as you ignore pertinent facts that directly refute your position.

It speaks volumes that you replied to Hitorki and TT, posts that, while valid, are comparatively light on calories, while ignoring completely the far meatier reply that directly addressed your objection.

You're basically engaging in message board performance art right now, it's that on the nose.

"And now, for my presentation of a method-based embodiment of Loud But Wrong Message Board Guy Who Smugly Responds To Lightweight Comments, While Refusing To Engage With Detailed Discourse That Basically Deads His Entire Premise"

I can't wait for the sequel performance, as "Guy Who Didn't See Those Particular Posts, Says It's Not That Serious, Or Some Other Convenient Dodge, Deflection, Or Dismissal".

Encore!
13413176, I apologize for the insult I but don’t debate certain issues...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-09-20 07:18 PM
>insults don't answer the question.
13412953, he's one man. 71 million people who voted for him still exist
Posted by atruhead, Sun Nov-08-20 04:08 PM
13413193, this country is not going to change overnight just like it didn’t...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-09-20 08:40 PM
in 2016, 2012 or 2008
13413242, and that one man has a shit ton of power
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-10-20 11:30 AM
13413396, so we agree nothing is going to change?
Posted by atruhead, Wed Nov-11-20 12:13 AM
13414305, and I'm looking for someone who actually argues this.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Nov-19-20 02:24 PM
Trump HAD to go.
COVID dictated that.

But removed from it all... 70 million motherfuckers voted for that turd.

What's worse, Trump gave the GOP an injection of youth and of diversity, even if ever slightly, that the GOP usually has not been getting steadily since George H.W. Bush.

and the Democrats are insisting on focusing on a white, suburban voting public that never votes with the Democrats in majority, at the expense of a poorer working class that DOES vote for them in majority. Trying to manage expectations, steer people from what government is SUPPOSED to be doing.

when I say "Democrats" I don't mean the whole party. I'm talking, Pelosi, Hoyer, Clyburn, Schumer, Perez. The people trying to pump up Buttigieg as the next "hope".

Hell, I'm even talking OBAMA.

Trump had to go.
Shit was genuinely going to get worse for everyone, especially those serious about getting the far right out of power.

13412951, honestly? i see his presidency as a placeholder
Posted by akon, Sun Nov-08-20 03:30 PM
to staunch the bleeding of the past four years.
that said...
definitely Covid, DACA, and reverse the immigration bullshit as a priority.
seeing devos go (to hell, I hope) makes me incredibly happy.
I hope they do something about student loans - a 50k forgiveness will be an excellent start
but I also want them to do something about these interest rates and fees.
otherwise we'll see people re-accumulate that debt.
currently its really hard to claw out of student debt

the reason i see this as a placeholder
i'm really excited to have seen the amount of grassroots work that has come about
i am hoping we keep this energy - we need to drag this party left
it could happen by forcing liberal issues,
but we also need to work to replace quite a number of republican-lite dems (we can start with safe districts, or whatever).
I'm all for primarying all these mofos.

I also hope there is a larger focus on local elections.
I plan to adopt a state - and set up monthly contributions - either to grassroots orgs in that state, or to the state dem party, whatever makes sense.
let's take the stacey abrams' canvassing and organizing model and take it nationwide.

I am also hoping we start to play the long game - we need similar institutions like the gop has
(that grows activist judges, that controls the media narrative, that lobbies for everything. its a lot of work we need to do.)

that's my hope.
to drag this party from the center. its not really a center if we are using the GOP as the standard - and they are already so far right.
13413017, These student loans GOT TO GO
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Nov-09-20 10:17 AM
That's all I know.
13413071, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaumIOvp7mM
Posted by flipnile, Mon Nov-09-20 01:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaumIOvp7mM

>RE: A Biden presidency: what happens now?
13413074, We finally respect science when it comes to Covid
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-09-20 01:53 PM
and then we repair our relationships with allies around the world.

Finally, we get these jobs back and chop down these bills.

I’m not really expecting much besides that.

Would love for Student Loans to get chopped as well because the economy would explode but he’s a Delaware guy..

—-

What I would really like to see is more brown people in this cabinet and a real push to prop up Abrams as the Queen of the South.
13413077, exactly. that's my main expectation. covid influences everything else.
Posted by Damali, Mon Nov-09-20 01:57 PM

13413192, Respecting science is wearing a mask that can't block a virus right?
Posted by Musa, Mon Nov-09-20 08:29 PM
or pushing for a vaccine that 96% of people have shown immunity to?

They might as well cancel student loans because people ain't paying that shit anyway.

Them jobs ain't coming back and the economy is going to bottom out it's only been afloat because of the stimulus and tech industry.

13413370, the mask + physical distance greatly reduces exposure
Posted by Damali, Tue Nov-10-20 08:34 PM
reduced exposure = less severe symptoms if you're infected

this is called science.

countries that have slowed the spread successfully (New Zealand, Taiwan, S. Korea) have near 100% cooperation from their citizens in wearing masks in public

I post these facts not for you, because you're a bland idiot, but for other people who might be reading and confused by your blather.

d

13413294, "Respect science" really means "respect authority" bruh
Posted by flipnile, Tue Nov-10-20 02:31 PM
Folks don't want to respect science because real science is what is it, and emotional reasoners really don't like it when the conclusions don't match their worldview.

13413079, It feels like bad faith for people who were ALWAYS against Joe Biden to
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-09-20 02:05 PM
chime in now about what he needs to do.

And not thinking about anyone here, in particular, I see it on a couple of other chats but if you were against Biden and the brand of centrism he represented, and talked endlessly about how he is going to lose, no one wants to hear your thoughts now about what he needs to do now.

OK, that's enough of my divisiveness, the boring truth is that Biden won with a coalition of progressives and moderates and we can't get it done without both groups.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13413129, All I know is Biden has 4 years on the clock. And he better do
Posted by lsymone, Mon Nov-09-20 04:26 PM
something fast and effective.

Trump after he concedes, his ppl already in his ear telling him he can run again in 2024. There's a possibility he could be a 3 term president, and this time with a monumental vengeance against black ppl like no other. Think of him as Bull Conner, George Wallace and Strom Thurmond in him as the Klan Trinity.

I just hope I'm brave enough to inhale carbon monoxide.
13413134, Ain’t no way that dude runs again... and wins
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-09-20 04:36 PM
I can’t see him getting out of the primary in 2024. He’ll be old as fuck.. and the GOP will ha w enough time to act like they weren’t on that crazy ass Trump train.

13413139, the political landscape in 2024 will be interesting with so much in 2020...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-09-20 04:53 PM
invested in 70+y/o white people some other people will have to step forward
13413196, Yeah. The more interesting question to me is whether Biden runs again
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Nov-09-20 08:58 PM
in 2024, or if he makes it more of a handoff to Harris.
13413560, Biden being older than him and the incumbent at that time
Posted by Teknontheou, Thu Nov-12-20 12:33 PM
will nullify the age thing.
13413148, Biden didn't seem scared throughout so take some cues
Posted by c71, Mon Nov-09-20 05:27 PM
Biden won't be reflecting your fear
13413232, I say he has 2 years
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-10-20 10:17 AM

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13413234, Gonna be President Harris by the end next summer
Posted by flipnile, Tue Nov-10-20 10:31 AM
People are gonna be hype.
13413287, Pretty much homie is a few toes away from weekend at Bernies
Posted by Musa, Tue Nov-10-20 02:12 PM
13413267, neither trump nor biden will be alive in 2024
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Nov-10-20 12:56 PM
13413371, this.
Posted by Damali, Tue Nov-10-20 08:34 PM

13413240, fuck that, what are all of YOU doing?
Posted by double negative, Tue Nov-10-20 11:15 AM
look, I know we got jobs and bills and kids

at a minimum vote and at a maximum attend protests

I want to see more people getting involved with local politics and taking ownership of their communities.

the president is not jesus.

the president is only the king of capitalism and maintaining status quo.

asking them to be the change you want to see is...it's not logical. Another way to put it, don't expect them to open the door for you, but, you should expect the president who represents your needs to open the door for you when you knock.

Why am I on this kick?

Aight - I'm really proud of the leftist activity thats been happening over the past few years. when i say leftist, I don't mean "the democratic party", I'm talking about the soc dems, the progressives, etc.

BUT

I don't get the sense these people are pushing as hard as they could be to get some seats at the table.

Contrast to q-anon believers picking up positions left and right or being a strong enough argument to convert people who are already in power.

So, I'm looking at the landscape like...what we gonna do? The fight does not end with Biden.

Biden's presence just clears up some bandwidth, hes not the solution - you are the solution.

I want to see more black people, and more poor black people picking up power in political positions or community leadership roles.

To be clear, this is not an attack on anyone. I would like there to be a shifting in perspective and I want to see more AOC like stories happening.
13413243, Definitely getting more involved in local elections.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-10-20 11:35 AM
I’m prolly going to donate to GA for these elections at a minimum

but as far as federal shit? All I can do is vote and complain.

I’m not protesting tho.. not at my age. I did my marching in college and walked those streets for Obama in 2007/08.

13413263, no lie...getting involved has been circling my brain
Posted by double negative, Tue Nov-10-20 12:52 PM
I always thought politics was for A students and lawyers

but now Im realizing it takes all kinds.

That shit is right there on the table, we just gotta grab it.
13413506, this should be the move for all of us who actually give a shit.
Posted by Damali, Wed Nov-11-20 04:48 PM
everybody smart, capable and Black should find some kind of office to run for.

i hate politics, but one thing i've learned in the last 4 years is that we have to be in positions of power to change the system. there is literally no other way to change it

power, especially white power, concedes NOTHING.

d

13413556, My MIL asked me to run for something.. anything locally
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-20 11:57 AM
Not sure that’s my thing but when I hear some of these local politicians at meetings... well damn, maybe I should run for something.

13413562, you should. please do
Posted by Damali, Thu Nov-12-20 01:00 PM
i still won't like you, but at least you'd be doing something good :)

d

13413600, Lmao
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-12-20 04:32 PM
13413289, Biden's legal team needs to start putting words to actions re: transition.
Posted by PROMO, Tue Nov-10-20 02:13 PM
This Trump shit he and his minions are pulling is extremely dangerous.

They need to get active in the courts or wherever you can get active and nip this bullshit in the bud.
13413311, He just said he sees no reason for lawsuits
Posted by vik, Tue Nov-10-20 03:06 PM
I'm hoping his crew behind the scenes is prepping for war in the courts..
13413408, They have nothing to take to court. Their position is the status quo
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-11-20 09:50 AM
13413338, RE: A Biden presidency: what happens now?
Posted by HueyNewton, Tue Nov-10-20 04:26 PM
System is broken needs to be rebuilt from within
13413633, To sum up:
Posted by c71, Thu Nov-12-20 07:17 PM
If lefties who hated mainstream Dems would have built the Green Party after Nader in 2000 then lefties would have their "thing"

They didn't and the now/new lefties aren't ANY DIFFERENT. Y'all came back to mainstream Biden to end Trump's presidency.

Stop lying and claiming young people are going to non-incrementally reinvent the wheel (or create a new "system")

Let another W Bush or Trump in by Nader voting or Bernie or Bust-ing and you'll come back again to Dems like you did in 2020.

So...

Build within the Democratic party and stop this in-out judging what Dems are doing (when you could be active within) like you won't be back (how many Nader voters came back to vote for Biden?)
13413634, dawg, shut up.
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-12-20 07:32 PM
ol' loud and wrong ass.

13413635, And you voted for.....?
Posted by c71, Thu Nov-12-20 07:36 PM
Yep
13414059, RE: To sum up:
Posted by Mr. ManC, Tue Nov-17-20 07:57 PM
Um, I'm sorry but is this how yall are partying? Basically legistlate the country into the position to where a Trump can fester in the first place, LOSE to him by trying to be in the middle, then hold a generation at gunpoint to pick you over the lesser of the evils.....and then use that as evidence that our empathy = weakness, and is the final verdict on the change we want to ultimately see?

"and you'll come back again to Dems like you did in 2020?"

so you admit that it was those people saving Biden, but be blamed for why down ticket Moderates lost?

Build within the Party? We tried for 2 cycles only to get the middle finger even when our outsider won the over half of said party. And what do we get for it? No cabinet positions, smearing the future representation that are the most popular aspects of the party, and then elevate KASICH to a higher level of commentary than even Sanders?

Honestly, we may not be back, BUT Trump will be back. Not even back, he is not going anywhere. So glad that Biden won, and that it was a coin flip because we cannot have a mandate that the safe Moderate perspective is what is ultimately going to win for Americans. Not Democrats or Republicans, but the everyday citizen that faces the unnecessary uncertainties.

At some point representative government should matter again, and not just the tribalism of lose/lose scenarios we keep championing for whatever odd reasons, imho.
13414078, RE: To sum up:
Posted by c71, Wed Nov-18-20 06:04 AM

>"and you'll come back again to Dems like you did in 2020?"
>
>so you admit that it was those people saving Biden, but be
>blamed for why down ticket Moderates lost?

No lefties voted for Biden to 'save' Biden. EVERYBODY WHO DIDN'T LIKE TRUMP WAS CLEAR ABOUT WHAT TRUMP WAS GOING TO DO. Even ultra-lefties.

>Honestly, we may not be back

If lefties came back before (when Gore and Hillary were so bad).....what would stop another Trump-like GOP leader like Trump from making former Nader voters and former Bernie or busters to KNOW (not guess or hope) that voting for a mainstream Dem like Biden is in EVERYONE'S BEST INTEREST - NOT 'SAVING' Biden (for Biden's sake or interest)?

13414060, If I'm being honest.....
Posted by Mr. ManC, Tue Nov-17-20 08:02 PM
nothing will fundamentally change (c)

I mean looking at the names floated for cabinet positions, and the narrative coming out of the election results, the lackluster GA runoff engagement, the pro-war talk kicking up......

Donor class won. Same agenda with better branding. And honestly don't think that the Democrats want full control, or are interested in winning the Senate. 2 more years of fundraising, and maybe flip the Senate in 2022 to give Nancy credit on her way out, then pivot momentum to 2024 would be another way to run out the clock and keep that money train going.
13414061, Hey homeboy - you think NOTHING's going to change?
Posted by handle, Tue Nov-17-20 08:28 PM
Seek some counseling - your brain ain't working.

Maybe next time we can elect a president that makes you cum????? Would that be good enough then??

13414292, something will change, will it be for the better? time will tell
Posted by napturalmystic, Thu Nov-19-20 01:28 PM
I have my money on them murdering more of us and finding themselves not guilty.
Don't put your trust in oppression or in your own state. How are the abused, bruised and neglected of this country doing? not just you but the poor? they alright?
this place cant do right and wont do right.
13414294, Goddman you're insufferable. Tone it the fuck down
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Nov-19-20 01:34 PM
You're so extra in political discussions

You may *sit* on the better side of the aisle, but you engage a lot like spiteful right wingers in these discussion.

13414299, Dude is on one..
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-19-20 02:03 PM
hundred

13414442, Intolerable is the fucking threads here
Posted by handle, Sat Nov-21-20 04:06 PM
Your opinion plus an onion = 2 of your opinions.
13414600, Hey Homeboy- You think OKP posts are intolerable?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-24-20 11:14 AM
Seek some counseling - your brain ain't working.

Maybe next time we can post things that makes you cum?????
Would that be good enough then??

Do you hear yourself?

When people say stupid shit that "both sides are just as bad", you're the kind of person that makes it an accurate statement.

In terms of tone and tact, reading your posts is no different from reading posts from Trump supporter. You're the same type of person, just a loudmouthed prick who says everything with his arms crossed.

Feel free to cry to the mods again because I called your wack ass out on your bullshit :)
13414427, 1. I said nothing will FUNDAMENTALLY change.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Sat Nov-21-20 01:19 AM
2. I was directly quoting Joe Biden on his views of his Presidency to his top campaign contributors.
13414295, Agreed.
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-19-20 01:54 PM
The fact that Rahm Emmanuel is being considered for a cabinet spot is all you need to know. If he gets one, then it’s all about the rich getting richer, because of how Rahm gets down.

What will get better is communication. People in power just got tired of arguing and tussling with Trump, even his own party. So better communication will be a plus.

However it will be the same ole gridlock politics with some good wins sprinkled in
to make it appear that things are being accomplished.

The way it is every 4 years.

13414308, the current guy is actively trying to steal the election
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-19-20 02:42 PM
That alone (in addition to so much more) shows that things will be better.

As better/good as they could/should be? Fuck no. But this idea that everything will be the same is just objectively wrong.

>nothing will fundamentally change (c)
>
>I mean looking at the names floated for cabinet positions, and
>the narrative coming out of the election results, the
>lackluster GA runoff engagement, the pro-war talk kicking
>up......
>
>Donor class won. Same agenda with better branding. And
>honestly don't think that the Democrats want full control, or
>are interested in winning the Senate. 2 more years of
>fundraising, and maybe flip the Senate in 2022 to give Nancy
>credit on her way out, then pivot momentum to 2024 would be
>another way to run out the clock and keep that money train
>going.

I'm honestly asking...where are you getting that there is lackluster engagement in GA? Legit don't know what you are referencing.

I do agree that Dems often seem unwilling and/or unable to take power.

I imagine there are many in the party that are nervous about actually winning the senate and having to do shit like nuke the filibuster.

Shit that Delaney dude was celebrating a dividing government.

13414312, Nervous? I think they get nervous about saying what’s needed to win
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-19-20 03:01 PM
in certain areas.

13414310, This is a ridiculous take
Posted by makaveli, Thu Nov-19-20 02:51 PM
13414315, Meh
Posted by Lurkmode, Thu Nov-19-20 03:22 PM
It will be some change if he goes after this

https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2017/12/29/138-trump-policy-changes-2017-000603/

but you are right about some of his cabinet picks.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/19/dear-joe-biden-are-you-kidding-me-erin-brockovich
13414325, this kinda shit is hilarious
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Nov-19-20 04:19 PM
NO CHANGEEEEE

13414587, Tell that my fellow teachers that are dancing at Betsy Devos being done
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Nov-24-20 09:46 AM
That is such a bullshit statement to make. Trump has PROVEN that there is a huge difference when certain people are in the White House
13414357, Kamala giving Lindsey Graham the 1st degree fist bump
Posted by shockvalue, Thu Nov-19-20 10:18 PM
*insert banana guy from Belly gif*

https://youtu.be/s7CnsYDXdmw
13414362, fucking terrorists
Posted by vik, Fri Nov-20-20 12:00 AM
https://images.app.goo.gl/D49SEKt3zE2X4RDo8

oh wait, he's white though.

and actively trying to undermine the democracy.

nothing to see here.
13414563, Cabinet looking like Obama 3.0 so far
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Mon Nov-23-20 10:38 PM
I hear Rahm Emmanuel is waiting for his position.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/933848488/biden-administration-heres-who-has-been-nominated
13414565, literally nobody likes rahm but he might be an asset...
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Nov-23-20 10:59 PM
to deal with the horrible human beings on the other side of the aisle.

rahmbo is a tried and true asshole. a shitty human himself. but unfortunately biden probably needs a guy like that right now on his side in this political climate. someone is going to have to roll around in the mud and that is rahm's thing.
13414612, hard disagree personally
Posted by GOMEZ, Tue Nov-24-20 12:06 PM
Rahm shouldn't be allowed anywhere near public office at this point. He's just as likely to fight against regular citizens and voters as he is against the other side. That's not what winning looks like to me.

13414890, facts. there is hardly any faction of Dems
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Nov-30-20 12:27 AM
and practically none of the voters, who want Rahm anywhere associated with this Presidency.
13414577, The adults are back
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-24-20 08:01 AM
13414598, Neocon Dems*
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-24-20 10:39 AM
13414595, thank god we can ignore politics again! (c)
Posted by will_5198, Tue Nov-24-20 10:32 AM
13414630, what’s up with Linda Thomas?
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Nov-24-20 01:31 PM
where she come from...I’m not familiar
13414599, welp, there's drama simmering behind the scenes and we're not
Posted by lsymone, Tue Nov-24-20 10:49 AM
in December yet.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/people-are-pissed-tensions-rise-amid-scramble-for-biden-jobs/ar-BB1bj5Dj?ocid=ientp

“The Obama staffers are now cutting out the people who got Biden elected,” said a senior Biden official channeling the feelings of the old guard of the Biden campaign, who requested anonymity for the obvious reason. “None of these people found the courage to help the VP when he was running and now they are elevating their friends over the Biden people. It’s f----- up.”

Several people I talked to pointed out that both Dillon and Julie Rodriguez, one of her campaign deputies, received high-profile positions in the White House before people like Kate Bedingfield and Symone Sanders, two prominent veterans from the pre-Dillon era who are still widely seen as likely to receive top communications jobs. “People who were not part of winning the hard-fought primary were placed before people who were part of that,” said the Biden adviser. "If you noticed, Jen’s people are being taken care of.”

“People are pissed,” said the Biden adviser. “I think I’m going to be taken care of but I have not been taken care of yet. I am really interested to find out how you even find out how you got a job in this White House.”

13414635, Sounds like the old Washington is back.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Nov-24-20 02:06 PM
Hooray?
13414638, I welcome this boring drama with open arms
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Nov-24-20 02:47 PM
>Hooray?
13414644, Right this is like the third plot line in an average West Wing ep
Posted by Triptych, Tue Nov-24-20 04:41 PM
Ill read this news all day eating popcorn.
13414602, watch Trump stake credit for the transition.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-24-20 11:28 AM
He'll praise himself for "letting" Biden begin the transition, and his fall all over themselves to shower him with adulation for it.

I also expect plenty more antics on the way out.

54 days is a long time.
13414641, Is it too early to ask who runs in 2024?
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Nov-24-20 03:34 PM
Everyone pretty much expects Biden to be one-and-done.
Kamala a shoe-in or she gonna get primaried?

Yeah, I know it's absurd to speculate at this point, it's just that seeing Biden's cabinet picks is exhausting already. How many octogenarians do we need running the country?
13414642, yes
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Nov-24-20 04:31 PM
13414643, can we get to the inauguration maybe
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Nov-24-20 04:35 PM

13414681, Lmao
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-25-20 09:47 AM
13414867, Isn't Kerry the only truly old person?
Posted by Tw3nty, Sat Nov-28-20 04:00 PM
Everyone else is early to mid 50's
13414892, You should be Jazzy Jeff'd for this.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-30-20 11:01 AM

13414894, It's almost like you didn't read past the subject line
Posted by Hitokiri, Mon Nov-30-20 11:14 AM
and decided to ignore that a very similar discussion is being had starting back at like reply 79... and that you're a part of it.
13414921, It would be wise for any organization to plan for the future
Posted by flipnile, Mon Nov-30-20 12:50 PM
I don't think it's too early. If they are on point, they would be grooming potential candidates for not only 2024, but also 2028 and beyond.
13414948, His picks so far are fine. I see VT has a RepuG governor otherwise
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Nov-30-20 03:19 PM
I would say Bernie has to get Labor. It needs to be someone in Bernie’s camp tho, closely aligned. What’s up with all these blue states having RepuG governors, Maryland, mass and VT smh
13415137, i actually got misty eyed looking at this.
Posted by lsymone, Wed Dec-02-20 08:50 AM
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1334128434109243392

a handsome dark chocolaty skinned fit man with an african name