Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNah. YOU cast your vote. They don't. You make that choice.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13411999&mesg_id=13412125
13412125, Nah. YOU cast your vote. They don't. You make that choice.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Nov-05-20 04:30 PM
I agree in that it's their job to win your vote.

But you cast your vote.

The choices are what they are, and this time it was Trump or Biden.

Trump is TRUMP, and all the baggage that comes with it.

That right there is more than enough to vote for Biden, if for no reason other than to get Trump out of office, because, despite what cynics seem to think.... they are not simply two sides of the same coin, and they are not equally bad.

So if your voting Trump, it's h because you're good with some part of his message, policies, etc enough that it outweighed all of his clear and unarguable negatives

If you're voting Trump because Biden didn't kiss enough babies or visit your state enough times or what have you, that's essentially a tantrum because you didn't get wined and dined enough.

Politicians need to earn our votes, I agree. But the options are the options, and who you vote for is a reflection of yourself and what you value.

On the "blame" front, I struggle with that somewhat. I'm not for wholesale blame of anyone who votes for him, because, frankly, people can be easily swayed in the right situation, by the right people.

I absolutely HATE to say it, but we cannot discount Trump's charisma and persuasiveness, because he taps into very basic sensibilities, no matter how much you/me/we see through it.

I also have a difficult time "blaming" entire groups who are already disenfranchised. Reeq nailed it when he pointed out that his base is still mostly comprised of white racists, so I agree that, in the case of minority groups who didn't shun him the way many of us hoped they would, we shouldn't be laying any specific blame at their feet.

That said, in general, I do feel a way about anyone who votes Trump.