Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIMO that's a weak ass way to handle it. it's on you/me to trim the roster
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13409653&mesg_id=13409777
13409777, IMO that's a weak ass way to handle it. it's on you/me to trim the roster
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Oct-24-20 10:41 AM
When I see posts in that vein, I don't see it as taking a stand.

I see it as a passive aggressive invitation to an argument.

If you don't like someone's views, either pose a direct challenge to those views or let it pass, if it's not a serious issue in the grand scheme.

And if their views are bad enough that you can't fuck with them anymore, it's on you/me to just push that button.

From.my experience, I realize that the closer you are to people, the harder it is to cut them out like that. Sometimes it's not even that we're that close right today, but there are those memories from when we were.

Truth be told, it's a great excercise in self reflection.

I.e- what does it say about me that I keep this person around me?

Not even from a standpoint of, what do others think of me- though that matters to an extent- but from a. standpoint of, how can I even justify this relationship to myself on a moral basis? Even if I'm a dissenting voice, I'm complicit if I'm still fucking with them at all.

I think there are some hard stops on the "we can agree to disagree" train of thought. And if someone's ideology is bad enough that I want no parts of them, it's on me to kick them to the curb.