Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI will never understand why my mom and her siblings act like a sibling
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13409368&mesg_id=13430319
13430319, I will never understand why my mom and her siblings act like a sibling
Posted by SuiteLady, Sat Apr-17-21 05:11 PM
relationships trumps a parent child relationship. Very often one of them will say "she was my sister before she was yo mama" or "he was my brother before he was your daddy." That makes no earthly sense to me!

My mom lost two sisters last year. The grown children of one of those sisters are having a hard time right now and my mom just said a variant of the above to me: "they seem to forget I knew her longer than they did."

My response was "Yeah but that was their MOTHER -" and she cut me off to say "AND I WAS HER SISTER!"

I don't have siblings - I mean technically I have some half's but we have no relationship beyond knowing of the existence of one another. And names, we know each others names. I don't think that my lack of a sibling relationship is what make this thing with my mom 'nem seem weird.

It is weird right?