Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectReal talk, how many pairs of shoes you keep in rotation?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13408414&mesg_id=13408414
13408414, Real talk, how many pairs of shoes you keep in rotation?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Oct-15-20 12:53 PM
Am I wrong??

I got:
2 pairs of running shoes....
3 pairs of sneakers...which were really purchased as running shoes, but didn't work out so I just kick around in them instead....
1 pair of "dressy casual sneakers"...you know...the type that are styled like sneakers but you can't do shit but lamp in them....

All of these were purchased between 1-3 years ago....all on sale...DEEP discounts....

I'm up for rotation on the 2 pairs of running shoes due to mileage....

The 3 pairs of sneakers can easily continue to serve that role for kicking around in...but they ain't really something to rock when "stepping out".....

Nike had a members sale...and I went in....

2 new pairs of runners...again...deep discount....
a pair of blazers because i'd been eyeing them as an alternate casual sneaker to have on deck....

Just saw another pair of runners on deep discount that i'm coping...and i'll put about 10 miles on each pair and send back the least desirable pair after i've given them a spin...

This is my shoe buying routine....

Now...
the wife...
SHE sees shoes getting delivered and it translates to her that i'm "ALWAYS BUYING SHOES!"

but the reality is....it's more of an annual thing that just so happens to land EVERY fall......

do I have a problem?

Keep in mind...I NEVER pay full price...and the discounts I score easily are min. 30% off and usually lean more towards 50% off....