Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis bitch won't answer the question: Can Trump Delay the election?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13407822&mesg_id=13408036
13408036, This bitch won't answer the question: Can Trump Delay the election?
Posted by handle, Tue Oct-13-20 12:36 PM
INSNAITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a "NO" question. (Not even a YES/NO)

SWIPE:
Citing a threat that Trump made in July, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) asked Barrett plainly during the second day of hearings whether the Constitution gives the president of the United States the authority to “unilaterally delay a general election” in any scenario.

“Well, Senator, if that question ever came before me, I would need to hear arguments from the litigants, and read briefs, and consult with my law clerks and talk to my colleagues and go through the opinion-writing process,” Barrett responded.

She added: “If I give off-the-cuff answers, then I would be basically a legal pundit.”

In refusing to give an answer, Barrett followed the same pattern of response she has given throughout the hearings so far when questioned on how she might rule on specific issues, maintaining that she would need to hear arguments from both sides.

Feinstein’s question, however, has a simple answer: The president alone does not have the power to move the election.