Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy statement that all cultures have endured slavery
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13407732&mesg_id=13408455
13408455, My statement that all cultures have endured slavery
Posted by allStah, Thu Oct-15-20 02:53 PM
has nothing to do with reparations or the argument for or against it.

That statement is in regards to the ignorance that people have when it comes to what slavery is, and the history of slavery in this world. And it is that ignorance that people become self-centered when it comes to the burdens of their cultures.

I have studied the history of slavery for different cultures and tribes, and all that shit is BAD, no burden is greater or heavier than the other.

So with that being said, the term ADOS, or the African Descendants of Slavery has no definition when all cultures have been through slavery. It is not an identity. Africans over in Africa are also descendants of slavery because Africans had slaves, which is how Africans American became salves. It’s an illogical definition.

I believe in reparations on the mere facts that we were never paid for the labor we provided, because that labor was implemented involuntarily. Also that labor was exercised to build properties and lands of tremendous value that we have never received royalties or payments for, and the 40 acres and a mule that was promised to each feed slave was rescinded.