Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectin no particular order
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13406903&mesg_id=13407995
13407995, in no particular order
Posted by CherNic, Tue Oct-13-20 09:04 AM
Everything But The Girl - Each and Every One
* Heard this on one of Gilles Peterson's recent shows and the lyrics hit me right now. I ended up listening to their debut album and all this shit makes me want to go back to the early 90s and sit in some smoky lounge lmao

Marcos Valle - Estrelar
* Heard on an old episode of Abstract Radio...I think Prince Paul was the guest host that week? Just a good, happy song

Alexander O'Neal - Criticize
* Da GAWD. Hands down one of my favorite songs ever. Production, vocals, Lisa Keith killed the BGV. There's a concert of his from 1988 (?) and they stretch this song out like 15 minutes. I could watch it every day.

Kenny Bobien - I Shall Not Be Moved
* Heard on one of Deon Cole's disco/house Sunday sets. He's on hiatus right now and I miss the shit outta those sets.

Dan Hartman - Relight My Fire
* Also heard on a Deon Cole set. Added this to my workout playlist immediately.

Duval Timothy - Groundnut
* Heard on a BBC show...I think Moses Sumney covering for Gilles? Duval Timothy is a monster....his music is perfect for me right now.

Prince - In A Large Room With No Light
* The only 'new' track I really dug from the SOTT release. It's light, it's fun, kinda makes me wonder what a jazzier album before The Rainbow Children would have sounded like

I've been in the car so much less and even though I mainly listened to podcasts while driving, I know I'm listening to less music now too.