Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAkai Force, sort of a combo of the MPC Live and Ableton Live/Push
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13406195&mesg_id=13408179
13408179, Akai Force, sort of a combo of the MPC Live and Ableton Live/Push
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Oct-14-20 10:03 AM
Far as last piece of gear I'll ever need, it's close to it.

They made some odd choices in terms of a lack of computer integration, so apart from controlling Ableton Live, it's much more limited than the MPC's in that regard.

But from a pure sequencer standpoint, they recently added a linear DAW-style arranger that's pretty close to what I've been doing in Cubase for years. The touchscreen is huge and responsive enough.

It's also got the same stock fx you get in pro tools. They're not great, but they're solid, especially as far as all in one standalone units go. That plus some useable (just that, lol: useable) onboard synth sounds does mean that you can do everything you need in the box.

So I'm pairing this with my Yamaha MODX (think an upgraded version of the older Motif boards) and the cache of VST's I've built up over the years. It's only been a I'll probably sell my Maschine Studio now, and cop the MC 101 I told you about, to flesh out my standalone palette.

I'm excited about it. Now I just need to get a return on this investment, instead of just some hobby shit.