Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh THAT Caitlin Johnstone
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13405931&mesg_id=13407094
13407094, Oh THAT Caitlin Johnstone
Posted by navajo joe, Wed Oct-07-20 10:13 AM
Formerly she was a 9/11 Truther conspiracist and author of the piece "Actually, Bill Maher, Hillary Clinton was the Greater Evil"

"I am Australian, lived in Melbourne nearly all of my life, two kids, twice married and once divorced. I got a journalism degree in 2003 but figured out long before completing the course that the media deck is stacked so far against truth that I wouldn’t be able to do the kind of work I wanted to do, so I did some environmental activism while paying the bills with corporate work. I had a bunch of transformative personal experiences during that time period, then in 2016 I got a job at a self-publishing news outlet where I quickly gained an audience for my opinion articles about the Bernie Sanders movement (which arose from a commentary void I’d noticed needed filling while I was participating in Bernie Facebook groups). In 2017 I got a Patreon account and became a fully crowd-funded writer who is answerable to no one, a privileged position I exploit to its fullest in saying things I think need to be said regardless of the taboos against saying them."

Here she is writing about the letter published by Seth Rich's parents asking people to stop spreading conspiracy theories about her son:

"A statement purportedly authored by Seth Rich’s parents has been published in the CIA-funded Washington Post titled “We’re Seth Rich’s parents. Stop politicizing our son’s murder.” I don’t really know what is meant by this slogan about “politicizing” Seth Rich’s murder which mainstream outlets keep repeating and which Rich’s parents have oddly begun parroting, but speaking for myself I am not pushing any political agenda at all by reporting on the Seth Rich case. I’m pushing the prevention of a world-ending nuclear holocaust."

"It is frankly irrelevant what Seth Rich’s family thinks of the public interest in his case. Obviously yes, leave the family themselves alone; don’t contact them, don’t harass them, leave them be. But if Rich was the DNC leaker, the life of every single living organism on earth may depend upon the public gaining access to that knowledge...If there’s even the slightest chance that these dangerous escalations can be drawn down by the public learning that Russia was not the source of the DNC leaks, no one on earth has any business telling us to stop looking into that possibility."

The above quotes are from her no longer available piece "Why You Should Definitely Keep Talking About Seth Rich".

I've included the link below because it goes to a 410 Error page with the following message: "This post is under investigation or was found in violation of the Medium Rules"

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/why-you-should-definitely-keep-talking-about-seth-rich-7880f4dbb198

Johnstone's has had dozens of her "articles" picked up by Russian Insider and several picked up by Russian-state propaganda outlet RT.

So, in short, reaction gets info from bad, crackpot sources because he's unable to tell the difference between sources that are reputable and those which are not. He then uses those in an attempt to distract from the fact that Tulsi Gabbard is willing participant for white nationalist organizations.

With "allies" like these who needs enemies?

https://extranewsfeed.com/actually-bill-maher-hillary-clinton-was-the-greater-evil-3905b4a766de