Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectnot that I know of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13405931&mesg_id=13407041
13407041, not that I know of
Posted by navajo joe, Tue Oct-06-20 07:57 PM
but that's my point. It's one thing to be a clearly loathsome, racist piece of shit it's another to act like you're some kind of progressive while championing a woman who has numerous ties to white nationalists, conservatives and the far-right and the far right and then attacking people (most Black) for calling that shit out.

That's insidious.

And then with the bravado and stupidity only a white so-called progressive can possess, reaction runs in here to:

1. Minimize what Gabbard did (which, and this keeps getting lost in the conversation, was get on an alt-right media platform to lend credibility to disinformation about voting fraud in an attempt to smear Somali votes and Congresswoman Omar)
2. IMMEDIATELY pivot to what she's doing for two white dudes deemed heroes by white so-called progressives (spoiler alert: they aren't heroes).

All of that is more insidious to me than some asshole whiteboy who shoots off at the lip because anonymity on the internet affords cowards courage.