Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Yeah, fuck that article. The "white ppl of black ppl" rhetoric is lazy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404589&mesg_id=13404754
13404754, RE: Yeah, fuck that article. The "white ppl of black ppl" rhetoric is lazy
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 07:51 PM
>And ahistorical.
>
>But its coming from somewhere, right? Women aren't just
>pulling these experiences out of their asses. They encounter
>more men, on an intimate and professional level, than actual
>men.

Here's why you have to stop accusing me of binary thinking. That "black men of white men" gets traction because America has always cosigned vilifying Black men. So when it give you the opposite of what you're saying by substituting "women" for "men" and vice versa, it's only to illustrate that. If both sides and their so-called valid critiques can't be heard, then this isn't a real discussion. I'm saying both sides cling to lowest common denominator accusations. I always called Black men out on it when they did it to Black women, and I'm calling Black women out for doing it to Black men. I'm only getting push back for defending Black men because America has okayed vilifying us. Wild how yall refuse to acknowledge this.