Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"You can't be pro-Black and hate straight Black men" - firestorm ensues
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404589
13404589, "You can't be pro-Black and hate straight Black men" - firestorm ensues
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 11:19 AM
This is the original tweet:
https://twitter.com/TorraineWalker/status/1306201341837152256
(You can't be pro-Black and hate straight Black men.)

He subsequently tweeted this video about some of the responses to the video:
https://twitter.com/TorraineWalker/status/1306587069330993152
(It addresses the fact that Black people who work in academia and media saying they hate Black men and why that's disturbing.)

He then wrote the following on his site:

Divided Houses.
PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 23, 2020 by TORRAINE WALKER

One tweet in support of Black men ignited a social media firestorm. Time to explore the conditions and mindsets that made anti-Black misandry acceptable.

Last Wednesday morning I made a statement on Twitter:
You can't be pro-Black and hate straight Black men

It was not said to ignore or attack any other part of the Black collective. It was a straightforward response to the hostility I see thrown at straight Black men on social media. I thought nothing more of it until my phone began to buzz later that afternoon. By the end of the day, the tweet had gone viral. A week later, and that ten-word tweet has been seen by nearly a million people, liberating some, enraging others, exposed the true feelings of many Black gatekeepers, and sparked a conversation about the status of Black men in social justice and political spaces.

That conversation is long overdue, because the attitudes towards Black men in those spaces is poisonous.

Spend any time on Black twitter-especially the section known as “woke” twitter-and you will see a pattern emerge. At least twice a week, someone will post something slanderous about straight Black men that will go viral within hours. It is not harmless banter between men and women, but false statements about our collective guilt and wishes for straight Black men to die, usually by police violence. When challenged, the people doing this default to talking points stitched together from bits and pieces of the work of bell hooks and Kimberlé Crenshaw and half-remembered gender studies lectures or some canned slander about straight Black men as a group being the weak or homophobic when the truth doesn’t match the rhetoric.

It’s easy to create a narrative on social media, all you need are the right buzzwords and you’re in business. The dominant narrative when it comes to straight Black men is that they’re all useless at best and privileged, potential predators at worst.

But the data doesn’t bear this out:

Black men and boys are at the bottom of every American socioeconomic metric. A Black man is twice as likely to be stopped by police than a black woman, and Black men have a 1 in 3 chance of being in prison at some point in their lives, compared to a 1 in 18 chance for Black women.

Black men make up 34% of America’s jail and prison inmates while Black women make up 29%.

The numbers from the National Institute of Health’s Intimate Partner Violence study paint a mutually unpleasant picture with 45% of Black women and 40% of Black men surveyed reporting sexual violence physical abuse or stalking by an intimate partner.

Between 2014 and 2019 1,608 Black men have been killed during encounters with police. In the same time period, 46 Black women have been killed.

None of this is meant to disregard the pain of those who suffered trauma by individual Black men, but these are the actions of individuals, not a collective. To claim otherwise plays into the hands of the white supremacists these “pro-Black” people claim to be fighting.

One of the most disturbing reactions to the tweet was seeing people who have jobs in news, academia and politics agreeing with people who said they hate Black men. What are they teaching the students they’ve been educating? How are news stories about issues affecting Black people being shaped? What does it say that these people feel secure enough to spout hateful, dangerous rhetoric with no fear of professional consequences?

When it comes to Black males, social media is proof of Malcolm X’s quote about how the media will have you hating the oppressed and loving the oppressor. The rapid-fire nature of information delivery in that space means that it doesn’t matter if something is true as long people want to believe it.

There are predatory and toxic men in the Black community. There are toxic women and LGBTQ individuals in the Black community. But the collective can’t be demonized for the actions of individuals. Predators need to be held accountable and it is tragic that damaged people are further victimized by opportunists ready to exploit their pain. But an even greater tragedy would be to allow the lies about straight Black men to go unchallenged and become the baseline for young Black men looking for information about themselves.

https://contextmediagroup.com/divided-houses/?utm_content=bufferbd12c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What are the OKP thoughts on this?

13404593, seems pretty cut and dry to me
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Sep-23-20 11:21 AM
i have to say though that is some social media engineered shit. the only folks run into spitting that rhetoric IRL are the ones that live on social media. the rest of us look at them like the nuts that thye are.
13404616, Yeah...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 12:12 PM
>i have to say though that is some social media engineered
>shit. the only folks run into spitting that rhetoric IRL are
>the ones that live on social media.

It really does seem that way.

>the rest of us look at
>them like the nuts that thye are.

Lol right
13404621, Twitter is fucking disgusting
Posted by Mafamaticks, Wed Sep-23-20 12:24 PM
at best it's an ineffective form of communication.

At worst, I don't even have the words for it.

Niggas put way to much stock into that shit

I'm almost at the point where if you the type of nigga that go back and forth with randos on Twitter all day, I don't even engage with you
13404747, Co-sign
Posted by spirit, Wed Sep-23-20 07:09 PM
I was on Twitter from 2009 to 2018 or so. I find it wholly useless at this point and a series of echo chambers where people share the same insights with one another and viciously attack anyone who deviates from the party line.

And yeah there is some heavy vitriol aimed at straight (cis) Black men.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com
13404600, There's valid critiques to be made about black men.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 11:37 AM
Adopting anti black rhetoric regarding black womens bodies and hair

Colorism

Capitalist politics

Homophobia

domestic violence rates are pretty insane

Oftentimes black men choose their masculinity over their blackness because thats the only social capital they have. (masculinity being greed, violence, emotional immaturity)

These are valid reasons to be angry at black men, and i think that anger gets warped into something else, especially when you have an online community hyping up your darkest thoughts.

There's a major shift going on in gender relations and the more you cling to this binary idea of victimhood (black men are oppressed, therefore aren't capable of being oppressive) the more you'll focus on the outliers of black women that are being extreme instead of really understanding where they're coming from.

13404605, grand opening, grand closing.
Posted by double negative, Wed Sep-23-20 11:49 AM
this is yet another discussion that I do not think human beings are capable of having without introducing bias or an agenda. There is truth in both positions and the base statement/question is the wrong one to be asking.

13404615, You could apply this in any direction...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 12:10 PM
You could say there are valid critiques of Black women.
You could subsequently name a list of unfavorable actions committed by the lowest common denominators among them.
Then you could just say that those who are upset about it are simply "clinging to a binary idea of victimhood instead of really understanding where extreme Black men are coming from."
That's not only a counter-productive way to have a conversation, but also unfair to whichever group you apply it to.

13404626, there's valid critiques about black women, too. And?
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 12:35 PM
If the critiques are made in a way that is devoid of historical context, empathy, and an understanding of power dynamics, then thats when the conversation is no longer productive.

That's why looking at actual statistics and the media we consume is helpful, because it helps us look outside of our anecdotes.

13404633, I think I answered the "and" in the reply.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 12:51 PM
>If the critiques are made in a way that is devoid of
>historical context, empathy, and an understanding of power
>dynamics, then thats when the conversation is no longer
>productive.

These are exactly the kinds of critiques being made about Black men.

>That's why looking at actual statistics and the media we
>consume is helpful, because it helps us look outside of our
>anecdotes.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. Are you saying your intial reply is backed by actual statistics? If so, please share said statistics for each of your points, because most of what you said sounds very anecdotal. If I'm off base, let me know.
I don't know how media consumption is relevant to the point, so I'll let you elaborate.

13404748, RE: there's valid critiques about black women, too. And?
Posted by spirit, Wed Sep-23-20 07:11 PM
>If the critiques are made in a way that is devoid of
>historical context, empathy, and an understanding of power
>dynamics, then thats when the conversation is no longer
>productive.
>

You could say the same thing about comments about Black men without this same context and empathy. This is wildly circular.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
13404618, RE: There's valid critiques to be made about black men.
Posted by CIPHA, Wed Sep-23-20 12:16 PM
>Adopting anti black rhetoric regarding black womens bodies
>and hair

This is a lie, black men love black women's bodies and hair, as they naturally occur, and this sentiment is only brought up when we criticize black women attempting to become more eurocentric in their look. And somehow that's anti-black?

>
>Colorism

Black women are just as colorist and black men get criticized regardless of whether we praise light-skinned black women or dark-skinned black women (see Dr. Umar for example).

>
>Capitalist politics

Black men are criticized for engaging in the capitalist political system but then when we suggest divesting from that system for the betterment of all black people then we get criticized for sabotaging our political standing (see Tariq Nasheed, Ice Cube, Cornell West).

>
>Homophobia
>

Black men are less homophobic than black women, and any other group for that matter, and most of the homophobic/transphobic violence yall cite is committed by other members of the lgbt community. Also, ain't nobody scared of gay people so "homophobia" as a concept is an overblown misnomer designed to propagate harm towards black men, but that's a different conversation.

>domestic violence rates are pretty insane

Nobody deserves to be the victim of intimate partner violence, especially women, but the methadology of compiing these types of statistics leaves a lot to be desired and there are plenty of black male victims of intimate partner violence that either goes unreported or is reported against the males once the cops show up.

>
>Oftentimes black men choose their masculinity over their
>blackness because thats the only social capital they have.
>(masculinity being greed, violence, emotional immaturity)

I don't even know how to respond to this.

>
>These are valid reasons to be angry at black men, and i think
>that anger gets warped into something else, especially when
>you have an online community hyping up your darkest thoughts.
>
>
>There's a major shift going on in gender relations and the
>more you cling to this binary idea of victimhood (black men
>are oppressed, therefore aren't capable of being oppressive)
>the more you'll focus on the outliers of black women that are
>being extreme instead of really understanding where they're
>coming from.
>
>
13404620, ^^^^
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 12:24 PM
Thanks for the point-by-point response. I didn't have the energy today lol. Doesn't seem to matter how much we debunk all this stuff anyway. As for the one you didn't know how to respond to, allow me:
That shit ain't true. It's another fabricated feel-good lie about Black men, with no ounce of empirical evidence, for those who love to hate us. Folks see one Black man doing something, and now it's "Black men often do this." Shit's just weird how you can seriously say anything about the Black male collective now.

13404634, Im not stating these things as an attack. Im a man too.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 12:53 PM
You're still on some "us vs. them" isht. You think i got deployed by some University Feminist Mafia? lol

Im not suggesting that black men are inherently more violent than any other race of men, but if we're talking pro-blackness, im holding my people to a higher standard than anyone else.

I def agree that statistics can be skewed because black people live in over-policed neighborhoods, and are often falsely accused of crimes.

but there's also hella black women who refused to cooperate with police regarding abuse because they know how the system treats us. thats tragic.

13404649, Damon Young author of "black ppl of white ppl" is a man too.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 01:15 PM
That's not really saying much these days.

>You're still on some "us vs. them" isht. You think i got
>deployed by some University Feminist Mafia? lol

Not at all.

>Im not suggesting that black men are inherently more violent
>than any other race of men, but if we're talking
>pro-blackness, im holding my people to a higher standard than
>anyone else.
>
>I def agree that statistics can be skewed because black people
>live in over-policed neighborhoods, and are often falsely
>accused of crimes.
>
>but there's also hella black women who refused to cooperate
>with police regarding abuse because they know how the system
>treats us. thats tragic.

Let's just cut the fat. It seems like you believe you're introducing a fresh point of view. I don't think it is. You're saying there are legit critiques of Black men. Ok. That doesn't justify vilifying all Black men anymore than legit critiques of Black women justify vilifying all Black women. Especially when most of the critiques are anecdotal and not representative of the collective. It's really that simple.
13404659, Yeah, fuck that article. The "white ppl of black ppl" rhetoric is lazy
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 01:32 PM
And ahistorical.

But its coming from somewhere, right? Women aren't just pulling these experiences out of their asses. They encounter more men, on an intimate and professional level, than actual men.

There's def people going overboard and using the internet to vent, as opposed to be productive, but you're doing yourself a disservice by rejecting things because you feel vilified.

When people are oppressed, they assimilate or rebel. More often than not, they assimilate. Do you not think its possible we as black men have adopted harmful ideologies when it comes to gender and sexuality?
13404754, RE: Yeah, fuck that article. The "white ppl of black ppl" rhetoric is lazy
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 07:51 PM
>And ahistorical.
>
>But its coming from somewhere, right? Women aren't just
>pulling these experiences out of their asses. They encounter
>more men, on an intimate and professional level, than actual
>men.

Here's why you have to stop accusing me of binary thinking. That "black men of white men" gets traction because America has always cosigned vilifying Black men. So when it give you the opposite of what you're saying by substituting "women" for "men" and vice versa, it's only to illustrate that. If both sides and their so-called valid critiques can't be heard, then this isn't a real discussion. I'm saying both sides cling to lowest common denominator accusations. I always called Black men out on it when they did it to Black women, and I'm calling Black women out for doing it to Black men. I'm only getting push back for defending Black men because America has okayed vilifying us. Wild how yall refuse to acknowledge this.

13404718, "That doesn't justify vilifying all Black men "
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 04:30 PM
except no one did that, you lied because you personally are a fucking loser

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13404632, I understand the first instinct is to dispute what im saying.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 12:46 PM
You should look into researching what im saying.

The great thing about the internet is there's countless pools to extract from. Actual black women discussing their experiences, youtubers, authors, academics. Even posters on here.

We're conditioned as men to downplay and rationalize the harm done to women, its hard to receive that information until you stop operating off of pure ego.

>I don't even know how to respond to this.

Take your time.

13404640, RE: I understand the first instinct is to dispute what im saying.
Posted by CIPHA, Wed Sep-23-20 01:03 PM
>You should look into researching what im saying.
>
>The great thing about the internet is there's countless pools
>to extract from. Actual black women discussing their
>experiences, youtubers, authors, academics. Even posters on
>here.

And here's where you're misstepping, my brother. In my humble opinion. You're criticizing black men for exercising the social capital of violence ( I won't even acknowledge the other examples), but you fail to understand that the people you cite only gain social capital through the targeting of black men, and then they get legitimized by white society for it.

There is an entire cottage industry of attacking black men and black manhood, and you've fallen for it.
13404662, Where are the attacks in my posts?
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 01:37 PM
The fact you're focusing on the media *only* attacking black men is interesting. Didn't we not listen to rappers brag about bad bitch redbones with "good hair" for the past few decades?

Dont save her, she dont wanna be saved.

There's countless black men profiting off of disrespecting black women. Becoming millionaires even. The media celebrities profiting from throwing black men under the bus (I agree, some exist) are making scraps compared to that.
13404756, I'm not speaking about media, or rappers
Posted by CIPHA, Wed Sep-23-20 08:16 PM
you said "youtubers, authors, academics."

I'm kicking through your goalposts. Don't move them.
13404762, The goal post is getting you to see things outside of your experience.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 09:57 PM
There's no other goal here. What do you think you're protecting?
13404765, Black people.
Posted by CIPHA, Wed Sep-23-20 11:47 PM
Countless times in this country wholesale violence against black people has been committed upon the predication of the black male superpredator.

And that doesn't only include just about every incident of mass racial violence, that also includes the way we're policed, the drug war, mass incarceration, etc.

And we're so fucking stupid that we parrot the same bullshit because we think it'll gain us brownie points from the dominant society, but we're really just selling our own people down the river.

And you're continuing to propagate that idiocy.
13404782, I understand the myth of the black brute is an open wound for us.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 08:48 AM
That doesn't make my previous posts less true.
13404720, people who are of no consequence to anyone anywhere
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 04:42 PM
are certain there's a whole industry built on attacking them.

no one has ever made money attacking you because no one knows you exist, and you know that LOL.

13404642, I understand the first instinct is to demonize Black men
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 01:05 PM
You should look into the history of how America has always done this. Perhaps start with how Birth of a Nation revived the KKK around killing Black men... or suffragetes saying lynch 1000 Black men a day if necessary. There's a rich history there that continues even now.

The great thing about the internet is there's countless pools to extract from. Academics, authors, statistics on incarceration, police murder, and school suspension, scholars, actual Black men discussing their experiences, youtubers. Even posters on here.W

We're conditioned as a society to downplay and rationalize the harm done to Black males, it's hard to received that information until you stop operating according to said contitioning and learn to see Black males as human beings.

13404664, You're still stuck in a binary thought process.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 01:42 PM
Instead of trying to understand what im saying and meet me halfway you're seeing me as opposition.

13404753, No, you're stuck on thinking your personal awakening is new to
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed Sep-23-20 07:38 PM
rest of us. Somehow, by Black men asserting that our lives are valuable, you think we're "downplaying and rationalizing harm done to women" which is just an odd way to view this. I go to bat for Black men and women alike. The issue, especially on OKP, is that folks feel Black men are privileged in America despite all the evidence of disadvantage and that America has always deemed it ok to vilify us.
13404784, Nothing i said was vilifying.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 08:52 AM
13404799, You defined us according to degeneracy and deviants
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Sep-24-20 10:06 AM
Why do you feel this is acceptable to do to Black men but no one else?

Again, when I turn your words around, substituting Black men for Black women and vice versa, I'm simply appealing to the whatever part of you that understands this is not acceptable to do to Black women. I'm asking that part of you to also recognize it's not ok to do to Black men either.
13404813, That didnt happen friend.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 10:49 AM
13404834, So there's no reply #2 ?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Sep-24-20 12:03 PM
Because when I scroll down the page, it's right there, defining Black men by some of the worst things you've seen in individual Black men.
So again I ask, why can you see that it's not ok to do that to Black women but feel it's totally ok to do it to Black men?
13404950, props.
Posted by kayru99, Thu Sep-24-20 07:36 PM
13404968, Because of power dynamics.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 09:15 PM
13404994, Please elaborate
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 02:06 AM
What are the power dynamics where Black men and women are concerned? How does Black male power manifest both within the Black community and in society overall? Etc.
13404989, LOL. I love it when you lie so obviously
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 11:58 PM

13404606, Overall, OKP seems to hate black men, as well as traditional masculinity
Posted by flipnile, Wed Sep-23-20 11:49 AM
>What are the OKP thoughts on this?

Willie Lynch 2k20
13404607, Basically
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-23-20 11:56 AM
and then you have those who always reference a Twitter handle as some type of insult.

“Imagine someone using the same argument as (insert random fritter handle)”

Lmao.. okay.

13404614, Much like "traditional masculinity," the willie lynch letter isnt real.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Wed Sep-23-20 12:09 PM
13404660, how do you define traditional masculinity?
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Sep-23-20 01:33 PM
I don't see hatred of "tradditional masculinity" anywhere on OKP.

I see hatred of traditional masculinity as the only video definition of masculinity.

I see a hatred for men using the word "feminen" or some gender or sexual idenety driven variant/equivalent as a diss, as this overtly defines those as "less than".

I see a disdain for patriarchal norms- and traditional perceptions of gender overa-that are nothing but social constructs that are simply imposed.

To that end, if you want to be a cowboy, be a cowboy. I don't see a backlash to that.

The backlash comes when said cowboy wants to be misogunitsic and homophobic, or a dismissal of forms of masculinity that don't conform to The Cowboy Way of masculinity.

In other words, if your concept of masculinity is in direct conflict with modern- ahem, more inclusive- socimetal standards, well.... yeah.

You will, and should, run into some opposition.
13405031, "Traditional masculinity" is contextual, so it really depends...
Posted by flipnile, Fri Sep-25-20 11:18 AM
...admittedly it's a difficult thing to define, because it can be different for different men. I think the one thing that different forms of "traditional masculinity" have in common with each other is that they are BENEFICIAL to one's family, one's community and one's self.

What's easier to define is what "traditional masculinity" IS NOT: The hyper-masculine image of a man prone to violence, sexual assault, lack of emotions (sociopaths?), hyper-competitiveness, apathy, shiftlessness, consumerism, etc.

13405066, so you agree that the definition of masculinity is flexible. yes i like this
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 02:40 PM
13405151, what version of that does OKP hate?
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Sep-25-20 09:17 PM
>...admittedly it's a difficult thing to define, because it
>can be different for different men. I think the one thing that
>different forms of "traditional masculinity" have in common
>with each other is that they are BENEFICIAL to one's family,
>one's community and one's self.

You said OKP hates traditional masculinity.

So what form of this robust, broad definition does OKP hate?

If it's that difficult to define, how is it so easy to say that a message board full of people hate it? If the hate for "traditional masculinity" is so pervasive, it should be rather esy to pin down the thing everyone hates.

>What's easier to define is what "traditional masculinity" IS
>NOT: The hyper-masculine image of a man prone to violence,
>sexual assault, lack of emotions (sociopaths?),
>hyper-competitiveness, apathy, shiftlessness, consumerism,
>etc.

Well yes, it's easy to look at caricature details and say "it's definitely not this".
13404714, it's very interesting that the "traditional masculinity" right winger
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 04:13 PM
is deeply aligned with boogie.

13404716, nobody hates straight black men.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 04:14 PM
there are a bunch of people who recognize that boogie stimuli is a waste of human existence, and as such ignore him.

it's sad, but straight black men have support over here.

boogie just doesn't, because everyone knows he sucks.

13404719, "firestorm ensues" LOL. a bunch of bots on a tweet
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 04:31 PM
from a week ago that no one outside the circle of your scam youtubers cared about at all

13405030, lol.
Posted by naame, Fri Sep-25-20 11:15 AM

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.
13405075, the only people discussing this are the circle of youtube losers boogie
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 03:07 PM
likes to get his daily affirmations from

FIRESTORM

13404723, Niggas are one trash-can emoji away
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Sep-23-20 05:07 PM
From being full blown "men's rights activists."
13404820, delete
Posted by lsymone, Thu Sep-24-20 11:06 AM
delete
13404724, the male ego is so fragile.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Sep-23-20 05:09 PM
13404726, Have that same energy for the "YOU HATE BLACK WOMEN" crowd
Posted by CIPHA, Wed Sep-23-20 05:14 PM
13404734, there is no YOU HATE BLACK WOMEN crowd following you.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 05:30 PM
there's just people who think you're a loser. that's it.

13404780, As it should be, this is America.
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-24-20 08:38 AM
13404800, In your opinion what Group of people responds Best to Criticism
Posted by Adwhizz, Thu Sep-24-20 10:11 AM
I'm legit curious
13404822, the male ego has every right to be fragile, this case, the black male
Posted by lsymone, Thu Sep-24-20 11:15 AM
To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time.-JB

But the color of the Negro's skin makes him easily recognizable, makes him suspect, coverts him into defenseless target.-RW

It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks.-MX

from being whipped to death or sold, black codes telling him where and where not to go, than being turned into Strange Fruit, assassinated in front of his family, has to compete for limited resources, told he cant be under the same roof w/ his family, turn to drugs or murder due despair, found guilty by jury of his peers (all white eyes), being hunted by cops for existing....to questioning "does my life matter"

nothing wrong with his ego being fragile.
13404839, That's too much thought and historical context and nuance
Posted by CIPHA, Thu Sep-24-20 12:30 PM
In other words, you're wasting your time.
13404906, it's just the wrong problem. it's not your ego that's the problem
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 03:17 PM
it's that you're a fucking loser and you know it.

13404914, Exactly.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Thu Sep-24-20 03:52 PM
13405121, Excellent reply
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 06:59 PM
13404731, even if he took the 'straight' out, he would get the same response.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Sep-23-20 05:26 PM
It is far too accepted in American society, to demonize Black men.
Black straight men. Black gay men. Black trans men.

However you define "Black man", that identity is free-for-all from the rest of society.

I don't say this from a "woe is me" perspective. But some of the quote tweets and replies to that single comment were very telling.

13404733, what replies. from what people. link one
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 05:29 PM

13404735, review this thread:
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Sep-23-20 05:39 PM
https://twitter.com/ChampagneSharks/status/1306343281408827392?s=20

this catalogues some of the responses and how virulent they were.

And I agree with the statement the author of this thread said here:

"This stance may surprise people but I actually think people have a total right to hate straight black men if they want to, especially if they’re honest about it. Let me know who I’m dealing with. What I hate is hating them but still using them for a come up."

Walker's initial commentary sounds like a reactionary pipeline into Jordan Petersonism until you see how people responded.

but feel free to respond with 12 replies as to how this guy is grifting or whatever
13404736, no no no
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 05:44 PM
link the tweets directly. let's look at these "people"

not screenshots that take away all context.

13404755, Goalpost shifting 101
Posted by spirit, Wed Sep-23-20 08:00 PM
You asked for replies and you got them. What more context do you need then someone quote tweeting “you can’t be pro Black and hate straight Black men” with the reply “watch me”? There’s no context that could be added to that to make it less nonsensical.

You can’t hate any subset of Black people and be pro Black. This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp unless you’re a Black misandrist.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
13404758, the goalpost never moved you fucking liar.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 08:44 PM
I said show me one reply.

you have to actually go look at the tweet and look at the replies.

not find your cherry picked screenshots of a group collected by someone else.

if you want to be a liar and a loser then that's on you but don't pretend I wasn't specific.

13405195, What replies, post one is what you asked
Posted by spirit, Sat Sep-26-20 11:15 AM
I posted a link that contained several replies therein. Then you asked him to post individual links to individual tweets. What different could that possibly make? Also I notice you tend to start cursing when you’re the one caught in a lie. Calm down and start acting like a moderator instead of a sociopath.
13405227, when did you post a link to anything?
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Sep-27-20 07:26 AM
"I posted a link that contained several replies therein. "

I said link to the tweet. drclaw (who, as far as I know, is not you) linked to a screenshot of tweets.

which is not a tweet.

the goalposts didn't move you lying shithole.

13404759, if nothing's going to change with context then go link one reply
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 08:45 PM
and then nothing will change...right?

we won't be able to look at the tweet and the account together and recognize as a group that you're whining about a tweet from someone with 60 followers who created their account last week.

so you won't do it, and you know why you won't.

13405197, Save the weirdo conspiracy theories
Posted by spirit, Sat Sep-26-20 11:20 AM
It doesn’t matter when the account was started or how many followers he had

You asked for replies. You got a link with a bunch of replies that were screenshotted. You got what you asked for and then asked for something else. You act like YOU can’t find the replies on your own. This is absurd. I don’t talk to maniacs. Go bang your head into a wall.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
13405228, I said link one
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Sep-27-20 07:28 AM
that was not what came back

if you want to lie about goalposts moving that's your problem

you don't want to link to any of the tweets and you know why you don't.

so are you lying about not talking to maniacs or are you saying I'm not a maniac, since you're talking to me? This seems like a weird thing to bring up if it doesn't apply, but as we know from your previous replies, you're not good at using words.

13404760, right there in the subject "link one"
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 09:03 PM
didn't do it.

that's not moving goalpost.

13404737, if you want to listen to a podcast that gets mad about people
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Sep-23-20 05:53 PM
who have 261 followers

then I guess you just gotta live life like that.

that's your "firestorm" LOL.

I have tweets with more interaction than that and I don't cry about it like these weak motherfuckers

13404776, Eurasians always want to castrate Black men
Posted by Musa, Thu Sep-24-20 08:19 AM
the fascination with the black man's phallus is super homoerotic.

Homosexuality is a form of figurative castration.

Come for me I got time for you today.

Nothing wrong with that was stated because it is the truth.

Who benefits?

I also don't like lumping LBGTQ "issues" into the issues of STOLEN AFRICANS in the USA.

There is NO COMPARISON.

13404786, maybe you're projecting. noone was speaking about lgbt people.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 08:56 AM
But since we're here, you do know black lgbt people exist?

there was most definitely gay africans on those ships.

im not sure what you're going through and what lgbt people have to do with it. there's bigger problems than the phantom homos coming to get you.
13404804, Straight Black men
Posted by Musa, Thu Sep-24-20 10:28 AM
don't play semantics.

That means don't come in with that LGBTQ slant trying to undermine and sabotage issues are Black and particularly effecting Black Men.

What percentage of those African men on ships were homosexual?

I mean we know that europeans were extremely homosexual in fact the term player comes from European males raping Black boys and men for pleasure and torture and terrorism.

Buck breaking?

Have you ever read the Delectable Negro?

Spare the character attacks grow up.
13404814, There was homosexuality in africa before european invasion
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 10:51 AM
Once again, theres black lgbt people. if what you're doing is suppose to be in defense of black people you might want to reroute.
13404919, Y'all really don't see the Black Lives Matter parallel?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Sep-24-20 04:05 PM
The statement Black Lives Matter should not at all be a controversial statement. Why would anyone challenge the idea that Black Lives...matter?

And yet there are people who can't bring themselves to say it or have to counter with stuff like "All Lives Matter".

Saying you can't be pro-black and hate straight black men is the same thing. It should not at all be a controversial statement. It does not exclude black women or black gay men. It's a statement on its on that people should be able to agree with. And yet look at the responses to his tweet.

In fact, the response that got the most likes seems to be "Some would argue based on behavioral patterns of abuse to the black community committed by straight black males (by and to some of our leaders) that straight black males cannot be pro-black. The same way some argue that all whites are inherently racist."

That's who yall want to fall in line behind?

You got RJCC in here typing the ahistorical statement ""nobody hates straight black men.". Nobody? You think the white folks lyncing black men in the South didn't hate black people? In an effort to be the wokest, folks typing shit that doesn't even make sense on its face and is clearly not thought through.

Even the tamer response of "Well there is a lot to critique about Black men". What triggers that reflexive response? Are people incapable of agreeing with the original point without the caveats?

I lightweight don't mind it when its an all-black conversation because you can discount it or take it with a grain of salt but the thing that bothers me the most is often times you see a black personality with a bajillion non-black followers making statements like this and their white followers chiming in and agreeing. How is encouraging the worst opinion about black men among white people okay?

Like how are you going to spend one moment decrying how the police view and treat us while at the same time feeding negative stereotypes about us. SMH.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13404923, what's up dumb motherfucker
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 04:30 PM
life's harder for you because you're straight? that's the statement being made, don't go out and lie now.

you need straight black man pride?

lollllllll

weird how your argument is exactly the same as the white people who claim straight pride parades aren't anti-gay.

but the rape investigation coalition always has an angle.

13404924, link me one response btw
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 04:31 PM

13404987, here.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Sep-24-20 11:45 PM
https://twitter.com/cannelopecruiz/status/1306283776364945408

It appears to me (not a twitter expert) the most liked response to the tweet.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13404992, cool. so let's talk about it.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 12:02 AM
does that reply upset you?

how do you feel.

I disagree with the tweet.

I don't think it constitutes a "firestorm" and it comes from some rando with 1,500 followers. most of the people who've chosen to share it don't seem to be in favor of it.

do you have a problem with someone being wrong on the internet?

13405083, So in the post that you are clearly the most visibly mad, calling names
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-25-20 03:53 PM
, having by far the most posts, responding 2 to 1 to posts, you are now arguing why get mad about something wrong someone said on the internet?

My dude you devote more time than anyone here responding angrily to what you think people say wrong on the internet. LOL.

>does that reply upset you?
>
>how do you feel.
>
>I disagree with the tweet.
>
>I don't think it constitutes a "firestorm" and it comes from
>some rando with 1,500 followers. most of the people who've
>chosen to share it don't seem to be in favor of it.
>
>do you have a problem with someone being wrong on the
>internet?
>
>www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

13405084, when or where have I said it's a problem that someone's wrong?
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 03:56 PM
and I'm happy that you losers have a club, at least you have something.

who's mad?

13405096, so buddy doesn't want to explain how he feels about the tweet, huh
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 04:39 PM
just doesn't want to discuss it at all.

13404938, The reason they have a bajillion non-black followers
Posted by CIPHA, Thu Sep-24-20 05:58 PM
Is because they specifically target black men. Hence my comment earlier about their being a cottage industry built around attacking black men.

When we live in a society where attention (followers) is really the main currency, this is their play, and its working.

And its bad coming from black women, but black men? Harriett woulda killed these niggas first.
13404940, this is what you want to believe, so bad
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 06:14 PM
there's no money in what you're describing.

13404943, Misogynistic rap songs by black men are a goldmine.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 06:40 PM
they've become billionaires off it, even.

Like i said earlier: we're conditioned to downplay and rationalize things that are harmful to women. The visceral reaction you're having to black women being critical of black men is a grain of sand compared to black women that had to hold their nose while listening to the music we made

with large platforms

making millions.
13404947, I know you think using the word "misogynist" sounds intelligent
Posted by CIPHA, Thu Sep-24-20 07:23 PM
You're wrong. Black women make them same songs and get praised for it. White boys make them same songs and get praised for it. White women make them same songs and get praised for it.

And make millions.

So you're the one that's actually conditioned to abhor any activity by black men while lauding that same behavior coming from other groups. Just like American society.

And, oh yeah, the niggas that rapped and made songs that were extremely anti-misogynist songs, ya'll hate them niiggas just as much. And you don't have to look any further than this very message board for plenty of proof.
13404948, "women make the same songs"
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 07:32 PM
"black people say the n word, why can't I"

y'all really just rehash white supremacist talking points because just like them you're fucking losers.

13404970, Bingo.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 09:17 PM
13404971, This was a pretty bad take for someone worried about historical context
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 09:18 PM
13404973, Yes. The historical context of a 40 year old art form is to blame
Posted by CIPHA, Thu Sep-24-20 09:33 PM
Not the historical context of 400 years.

Yeah, fuck outta here.

And you're in here agreeing with **** so that should let you know the level you're on. Do better.
13404990, awwwwwwww. u mad
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 11:58 PM

13405013, Where did you get blame from?
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 09:20 AM
You see how you're exaggerating my argument instead of fully engaging.

Do you not think rap music has been impactful? Rap music is a by product of our centuries of oppression, yes, but do we not high full reign over the words we choose to put in our music?

13405021, Dude I don't even know why you're talking about rap.
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 10:17 AM
I'm talking about people who's only usefulness to white society is to put a black face on white supremacist rhetoric against black men. You're talking about niggas that, whether or not they make some offensive songs, obviously have something else to offer artistically.

Further, you're leaving out the fact that, if we're comparing songs that denigrate women to songs that denigrate men made by rap artists, & we're using words like "misogynistic" to describe that, then that scale would be so heavily weighted on the side of misandry that it wouldn't even be worth talking about. And it's not worth talking about. Mufuckas mad because niggas have said "bitch" and "ho" on a million records but don't have the same energy for the millions of murders of black men that have been promoted by those same artists? Aight.
13404942, Its very cringeworthy when people with large white followings do this
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 06:35 PM
I'm not rejecting the content just because i dont like what the messenger is doing.

Baby with the bathwater and whatnot
13404949, RE: Y'all really don't see the Black Lives Matter parallel?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Sep-24-20 07:33 PM
>The statement Black Lives Matter should not at all be a
>controversial statement. Why would anyone challenge the idea
>that Black Lives...matter?
>
>And yet there are people who can't bring themselves to say it
>or have to counter with stuff like "All Lives Matter".
>
>
>Saying you can't be pro-black and hate straight black men is
>the same thing. It should not at all be a controversial
>statement. It does not exclude black women or black gay men.
>It's a statement on its on that people should be able to agree
>with. And yet look at the responses to his tweet.
>
>In fact, the response that got the most likes seems to be
>"Some would argue based on behavioral patterns of abuse to the
>black community committed by straight black males (by and to
>some of our leaders) that straight black males cannot be
>pro-black. The same way some argue that all whites are
>inherently racist."
>
>That's who yall want to fall in line behind?

Very well put.

>You got RJCC in here typing the ahistorical statement ""nobody
>hates straight black men.". Nobody? You think the white folks
>lyncing black men in the South didn't hate black people? In
>an effort to be the wokest, folks typing shit that doesn't
>even make sense on its face and is clearly not thought
>through.

Right. Birth of a Nation (1915), hangings, and the KKK were specifically targeting straight Black males. The myth of the Black male rapist of white women is inherently about straight Black males. These attitudes persist. Despite these facts, we have people who can somehow pretend that heterosexuality isn't a factor in Black male victimization.

>Even the tamer response of "Well there is a lot to critique
>about Black men". What triggers that reflexive response? Are
>people incapable of agreeing with the original point without
>the caveats?

Really does seem that way.

>I lightweight don't mind it when its an all-black conversation
>because you can discount it or take it with a grain of salt
>but the thing that bothers me the most is often times you see
>a black personality with a bajillion non-black followers
>making statements like this and their white followers chiming
>in and agreeing. How is encouraging the worst opinion about
>black men among white people okay?
>
>Like how are you going to spend one moment decrying how the
>police view and treat us while at the same time feeding
>negative stereotypes about us. SMH.

Kinda makes it seem like Black males are viewed as objects rather than human beings. Like there's "performed outrage" at Black male death but no regard for our lives.

13404972, I'm able to process these two truths at the same time
Posted by Brotha Sun, Thu Sep-24-20 09:20 PM
Its not possible to be pro black and hate black men

Its also not pro black to ignore black womens concerns because its convenient.

Its not as complicated as people want it to be. Love is being able to give and receive criticism.
13404986, But you are the only one suggesting they are seemingly opposing ideas.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Sep-24-20 11:41 PM
The first statement alone does not negate the second statement.

The first statement does not imply black men are perfect and beyond reproach.

And It's also okay to say the first statement, without reflexively having to make the second statement.

Do this thought experiment. Consider the statement "It's not okay to hate jewish people". Does that statement require any caveats, follow-up statements or knee jerk responses? Of course not, it can stand on it's own full stop.

Same way it would be uncontroversial to say you can't be pro-black and hate black women. You know that statement wouldn't cause the controversy that the first statement started.

Why?

13404991, it's pretty easy, there is no controversy.
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 11:59 PM
just a bunch of liars and losers whining to each other about how hard it is to be straight LOL.

13405014, People use the original statement to deflect critcism. thats the issue.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 09:25 AM
This entire post is men deflecting and foaming at the mouths because women have the nerve to be angry about gender inequality.

ps Jewish people aint above critique either. they, too, use their history of oppression to justify being oppressive and deflect criticism.
13405061, you missed the point of the jewish analogy.
Posted by tariqhu, Fri Sep-25-20 02:32 PM
13405087, You don't see you swapped the original statement with the response?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-25-20 03:58 PM
You agree that the original statement is "You can't be pro-black and hate straight black men"? right.

To that original statement you RESPONDED with "there are valid critiques of black men" and also "its not pro-black to ignore concerns of women".

My entire point is that people feel a reflexive need to change the subject and DEFLECT by going straight to criticisms of black men. Somehow saying the original statement couldn't be full stop period. Some how its controversial and you and twitter can't but help but respond to it with criticism of black men.

Flip it around and I would say the same thing. If the original tweet was "there are valid critiques of black men" and I couldn't acknowledge that to be true or can't help but respond, "well you can't be pro-black and hate black men". There would be something wrong with that.

If I said the holocaust was terrible and someone responded with "well the Jewish people have a history of oppression" that is a troubling response (despite both statements being true).

If I say Black Lives Matter and Mike Pence responds with "Well All Lives Matter", there is something wrong with that (despite both statements being true).

The dude on twitter made the original statement, and you responded like twitter did and treated that statement like it was somehow a controversial deflection of criticism when he did no such thing.

You and RJCC somehow have forgotten why All Lives Matter is a fucked up response to Black Lives Matter.

SMH.

13405088, except it's not the original statement. it is a response statement
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 04:01 PM
I know, you didn't think about that when you made your argument and it's really awful that you've completely undermined your point.

13405090, They're fully aware of what they're doing
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 04:06 PM
It's not ignorance or misunderstanding. It's purposeful.
13405093, What's ironic is they are ignoring the one black woman in this discussion...
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-25-20 04:26 PM
to talk over her to tell everyone else what women are thinking.

It's comical even.

>It's not ignorance or misunderstanding. It's purposeful.

13405095, who has said what women are thinking?
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 04:38 PM
the lies just keep adding up.

so do women's opinions matter, or only when it's a woman who agrees with you.

13405101, this is so much funnier to read now that I know buddy had no idea
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 05:09 PM
what he was arguing.

"You and RJCC somehow have forgotten why All Lives Matter is a fucked up response to Black Lives Matter."

"somehow"

LOL

this motherfucker knew he was missing something but didn't go look to see what it was

and now he wants to retcon it and claim that we're seeing his point.

thank you so much buddy you're the best when you do this shit.

13404993, you know what I really like about this lie, since we're going to talk about it
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 12:10 AM
"And yet there are people who can't bring themselves to say it or have to counter with stuff like "All Lives Matter".

Saying you can't be pro-black and hate straight black men is the same thing. It should not at all be a controversial statement. It does not exclude black women or black gay men. It's a statement on its on that people should be able to agree with. And yet look at the responses to his tweet."

so what's controversial about all lives matter? It doesn't exclude anyone. It's a statement on its own that anyone should be able to agree with it. This is your logic.

the place where you lie is that you're pretending his post isn't a response to an ongoing conversation.

but you ignore it, and you act like you didn't already point out that a phrase can be completely innocuous in its wording while also being complete bullshit. it's the actions behind it that are missing, and you can see it in that thread and this one where these supposedly pro-black men are just waiting to attack black women they disagree with.

I don't know if all of y'all are straight or not, but I know you're not pro-black, and I know you're losers.

13405043, this is a false equivalence
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 12:36 PM
>The statement Black Lives Matter should not at all be a
>controversial statement. Why would anyone challenge the idea
>that Black Lives...matter?
>
>And yet there are people who can't bring themselves to say it
>or have to counter with stuff like "All Lives Matter".
>
>
>Saying you can't be pro-black and hate straight black men is
>the same thing. It should not at all be a controversial
>statement

Black Lives Matter equates to "we arent disposable"

"you can't be pro-black and hate straight black men" places a bullseye on conflicted people who feel a sense of pride about being black while having suffered at the hands of straight black men

it's damn near trying to invalidate the experiences of harmed people while telling them the level of hurt you deem acceptable

it sounds very much like "you cant enjoy the perks of living in America and hate racism"
13405047, Hmm...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 12:59 PM
What if you listened to the experiences of Black males and they told you they suffer at the hands of Black mothers, Black women authority figures in the workplace, interpersonal violence from Black women, etc?

What would be your response?

13405050, my response would be:
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 01:22 PM
"I understand. however, intersectionality means women have to deal with fighting the battles of race and gender at once, they're more than entitled to their grief. also when women are speaking out, "what about men?" is poor timing and the intraracial equivalent of All Lives Matter"
13405052, Ya'll's entire lives are based on make believe scenarios
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 01:35 PM
Literally nobody has said stop paying to black women and worry about black men. This whole post is about straight black men and yall turned it into the oppression olympics.
13405059, you either didnt read this post or you have a learning disability
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 02:11 PM
the crux of Boogie's argument has been "it happens to men too"
13405062, no....the post is actually about men.
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 02:32 PM
There is no "too".

The whole post is about black men. There is no criticism of black women. This post is about black men. There is no "too". The post is about black men.

You're making stuff up.
13405064, wonderful.
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 02:39 PM
13405097, just like all lives matter isn't about black people
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 04:41 PM
it doesn't say black or white anywhere in it!

imagine being such a fucking loser that you repeat a white supremacist argument as your own because some youtuber told you to.

13405110, gender doesn't mean "female" though
Posted by kayru99, Fri Sep-25-20 05:30 PM
black males experience a level and type of gendered violence, because we're males, that Black women don't.

This is the crux of the issue, really.
The statement ("you cant be pro black and hate str8 black men") challenges that inherent flaw in intersectional gender theory (the gendered experience of racialized males destroys the idea of universal male privilege).

The statement ain't wrong at all though. The *theory* is the problem.
13405113, I typed a whole reply about how intersectional theory is flawed
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 05:55 PM
inherently.

But I didn't even send it because I know it was too much or this topic.

But you're 100%. The whole field is aimed at black men as targets and not humans, and ignores not only the gendered violence that black males experience everyday but also the de-gendering of black men (and black people) as a whole.

But getting into that would mean people would have to actually read and study this topic, and by read I mean books and scholarly articles.

But I know that's too much to ask.
13405115, Yeah. I mean Crenshaw herself has admitted as much
Posted by kayru99, Fri Sep-25-20 06:20 PM
And it's her cash cow/theory, lol

But having grown up conversations about sociology with people who only read social media posts and thinkpieces is kinda doomed out the gate.

People don't read, or think.
13405116, says the losers who don't actually want to talk about what black men
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 06:52 PM
experience.

13405120, maybe you missed my point
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 06:58 PM
black women are fighting patriarchy and racism at once
13405135, No I understand your statement. it's just empirically incomplete
Posted by kayru99, Fri Sep-25-20 07:45 PM
You said:

"however, intersectionality means women have to deal with fighting the battles of race and gender at once, they're more than entitled to their grief"

My response is that is flawed, because it:
Assumes that black men don't experienced unique gendered oppression (which we OBVIOUSLY do)

&

Assumes that black men speaking of our unique experience is in attack on black women somehow.
It's not.
The stockpiling of Black men in the drug war, for example, is an act of genocide that targets us.
This is just true.
Saying this, takes nothing from Black women's experience of oppression at all.

What it *does* do is challenge the concept of universal male privilege. The concept is the problem, then, because the fact are the facts.

13405138, I dont think anyone is saying universal male privilege is real.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 07:57 PM
13405159, Intersectional theory originally said precisely that
Posted by kayru99, Sat Sep-26-20 01:19 AM
and people still repeat that ideology, often.
Especially black feminists/gender theorists.
13405176, theories develop over time. I personally haven't come across those types
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sat Sep-26-20 08:04 AM
Most black feminists i come across understand how complex black masculinity is.
13405218, YOU are making that argument all up and down this thread, bruh, lol
Posted by kayru99, Sat Sep-26-20 06:46 PM
And if you haven't encountered feminists/gender theorists who've made that argument, you are really not educated enough to debate this topic, at all.
And I'm not being snarky.
You need to educate yourself more on the topic.
13405220, You misunderstood. It happens.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sat Sep-26-20 07:36 PM
13405223, Lol. Ok, player.
Posted by kayru99, Sat Sep-26-20 08:21 PM
13405137, Your point is misguided
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 07:55 PM
in that you seem to think that black men are not fighting racism and patriarchy at the same time also. Your flawed point assumes that black men are part of the "patriarchy" or, alternatively, that we seek to become part of the "patriarchy" in a collective attempt to aspire towards the power of white men.

It's not true and it never has been. Black men have always been feminists (in that we believe in gender equality), and have never sought to subordinate black women, or any other group for that matter.

I can't fully fault you for this, as it is a common theoretical trope. But as a Black man, I must push back against it at every opportunity.
13405139, I don't think CIPHA is black
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 07:57 PM

13405141, went just a little too far into the performance for me
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 08:02 PM
"Black men have always been feminists (in that we believe in gender equality), and have never sought to subordinate black women, or any other group for that matter."

LOL

13405178, this is the twilight zone.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sat Sep-26-20 08:06 AM
13405180, while also arguing that black men have been stereotyped by
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Sep-26-20 08:16 AM
blanket statements.

13405143, you're an agent
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 08:06 PM
13405149, Ok. What's my agenda and how is it harmful to black society?
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 08:48 PM
?
13405148, Right
Posted by kayru99, Fri Sep-25-20 08:38 PM
Notice the lack of response/counterargument by the way.
13405158, Given American conditioning, this is such a hard truth for many to digest
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-26-20 12:26 AM
Well said though
13405161, ten years ago: anyone accusing bill cosby of rape is a liar
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Sep-26-20 03:44 AM
today: all black men are and always have been feminists

13405177, Jesus christ.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Sat Sep-26-20 08:06 AM
13405117, That's contradictory, according to your previous statement.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 06:53 PM
Because you'd be " trying to invalidate the experiences of harmed people while telling them the level of hurt you deem acceptable."

>"I understand. however, intersectionality means women have to
>deal with fighting the battles of race and gender at once,
>they're more than entitled to their grief.

Intersectionality correctly applied means that you'd acknowledge that Black men deal with gendered racism as well. This is simply ignored due to the fact that we've come to think of "gender" as meaning female. Black+female experiences a unique targeting by white supremacist patriarchy, yet what we fail to acknowledge is that Black+male does too.

>also when women are
>speaking out, "what about men?" is poor timing and the
>intraracial equivalent of All Lives Matter"

This is really interesting, because I said nothing about women. I just asked what if you listened to Black men speaking about their experience. This idea that Black men are invalidating Black women simply by sharing their experience is just plain dangerous at this point. Did realize you created that scenario?

13405124, so your only argument is "it happens to men too"
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 07:12 PM

>Intersectionality correctly applied means that you'd
>acknowledge that Black men deal with gendered racism as well.
>This is simply ignored due to the fact that we've come to
>think of "gender" as meaning female. Black+female experiences
>a unique targeting by white supremacist patriarchy, yet what
>we fail to acknowledge is that Black+male does too.

men still have an advantage in power. put four people in a room all making the same salary, black and white. the general power structure will go: white man, white woman, black man, black woman

black men are fighting for equality on one ground, black women are fighting from a number of perspectives

>>also when women are
>>speaking out, "what about men?" is poor timing and the
>>intraracial equivalent of All Lives Matter"
>
>
>This is really interesting, because I said nothing about
>women. I just asked what if you listened to Black men speaking
>about their experience.

I feel like "I said nothing about women" is insulting my intelligence, because who is the root of this post about?

This idea that Black men are
>invalidating Black women simply by sharing their experience is
>just plain dangerous at this point. Did realize you created
>that scenario?

sorry you're hung up on semantics and words. instead of "invalidating", does "standing in opposition" work?

again, "Im simply sharing my experience" when women speak up sounds a lot like All Lives Matter

women have things to be upset about, yes men do as well. but "what about us?" isnt helping make any sort of progress

13405130, Not at all. Your argument is to bring up women when I didn't.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 07:22 PM
>
>>Intersectionality correctly applied means that you'd
>>acknowledge that Black men deal with gendered racism as
>well.
>>This is simply ignored due to the fact that we've come to
>>think of "gender" as meaning female. Black+female
>experiences
>>a unique targeting by white supremacist patriarchy, yet what
>>we fail to acknowledge is that Black+male does too.
>
>men still have an advantage in power. put four people in a
>room all making the same salary, black and white. the general
>power structure will go: white man, white woman, black man,
>black woman

Account for incarceration, and you can switch the average of the last two.

>black men are fighting for equality on one ground, black women
>are fighting from a number of perspectives

That's simply false. Unequivocally so.

>I feel like "I said nothing about women" is insulting my
>intelligence, because who is the root of this post about?

Black men, brother.

>sorry you're hung up on semantics and words. instead of
>"invalidating", does "standing in opposition" work?
>
>again, "Im simply sharing my experience" when women speak up
>sounds a lot like All Lives Matter
>
>women have things to be upset about, yes men do as well. but
>"what about us?" isnt helping make any sort of progress

Dude. My question assumed you simply listened to Black men talking about their experience. There are spaces where this happens. Assume you're there, listening. No women are present. Why does the experience of Black men "stand in opposisiton" to Black women in your mind? This is wild.

13405145, RE: Not at all. Your argument is to bring up women when I didn't.
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 08:10 PM

>>black men are fighting for equality on one ground, black
>women
>>are fighting from a number of perspectives

>That's simply false. Unequivocally so.

I dont know how to simplify my point or make it make sense. black men face racism, black women face racism, sexism, misogyny, etc

>>I feel like "I said nothing about women" is insulting my
>>intelligence, because who is the root of this post about?

>Black men, brother.

who was "you cant hate black men and be pro-black" directed to

>Dude. My question assumed you simply listened to Black men
>talking about their experience. There are spaces where this
>happens. Assume you're there, listening. No women are present.
>Why does the experience of Black men "stand in opposisiton" to
>Black women in your mind? This is wild.

I talk with guy friends about what we deal with. we never do so as a reply to what women are facing. and by "as a reply" I mean, you keep interjecting this into the discussion when the post is presumably about why women have issues loving black men

13405156, RE: Not at all. Your argument is to bring up women when I didn't.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 11:54 PM
>I dont know how to simplify my point or make it make sense.
>black men face racism, black women face racism, sexism,
>misogyny, etc

Black men face racism, sexism, and misandry... obviously. It's just not referred to as sexism. Work is being done on it though, and it's referred to as gendered racism as to not confuse things. Overall, what I'm saying to you in this regard is that the way most people think of the ramifications of being Black and male, must change. Even among Black males themselves.

>who was "you cant hate black men and be pro-black" directed
>to

Anyone who believes the opposite. This is a post full of men, and the statement is being contested.

>I talk with guy friends about what we deal with. we never do
>so as a reply to what women are facing.

Cool. Then how do you reply? This should've been super simple.

13405125, I'd respond to this but buddy already laid the whole thing out LOL
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 07:14 PM
you all lives matter motherfucker

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

13405067, My response would be stop using your abuse to distract from others' pain
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 02:43 PM
Theres a time and a place and all that.

If the only time you want to talk about black men being abused its as a gotcha for black women, there's a problem.

hey, white people get killed by police too! >:(

same rhetoric.
13405071, But this post is about our abuse.
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 03:00 PM
Read it.

So, who's distracting from somebody else's pain in this scenario?

Not the scenario you made up, this one.
13405086, yes. be more specific about the pain you're feeling and how much you're hurt
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 03:58 PM

13405112, Right.
Posted by kayru99, Fri Sep-25-20 05:31 PM
13405114, the post is about a guy making a statement on twitter
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 06:00 PM
A statement that was made as a rebuttal to people talking about their abuse.

13405119, My question is simply about Black men talking about their experience
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 06:57 PM
Not as a distraction from anyone else's pain. Somehow, Black male experience is automatically taken as a "distraction" to yall. Why is that?
13405126, except you won't talk about your experience
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 07:15 PM
and you know why you won't.

13405128, the cognitive dissonance is wild
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 07:16 PM
the root of this post examines why (black women) hate straight black men and whether it's pro-black

you're provided context, you deflect and wonder how deflecting is a distraction
13405131, Yeah, it's your issue tho. Just say you refuse to answer the question.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 07:32 PM
>the root of this post examines why (black women) hate
>straight black men and whether it's pro-black

The root of the post is about responses to a Black man asserting Black men are a part of the Black collective and the responses to it. However, my question to you was simply to see how you view Black male experience. You continue to prove that you can only view it as a distraction from the Black female experience. If you can, at all, simply focus on the Black male experience for a second, I'd like to hear what your response would be independent of the Black female experience. That's what I'm asking you.

>you're provided context, you deflect and wonder how deflecting
>is a distraction

The deflection is all you. My question was very straightforward.

13405142, no one has questioned Black men being part of the collective
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 08:05 PM
(in other words), dude said "women cant love being black and hate black men for inflicting pain and trauma"

my reply (in other words) was "you're asking them to choose race over their womanhood, why should they have to instead of the world making things less harmful for them"

your reply was "what would you say to men who say they've experienced the same thing"

I replied to that in reply 96 with "I understand" and I went on to question whether that fits this particular discussion. now we're going in circles

you seem to want to argue until people give up so you can feel right, I have no investment in winning an okp discussion"
13405157, If you can be pro-Black and hate them, that seems to say they aren't
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Sep-26-20 12:16 AM
But it's cool if we disagree on what that means.

>(in other words), dude said "women cant love being black and
>hate black men for inflicting pain and trauma"

That's an interpretation, not a direct quote. Mainly because loving being Black and being pro-Black don't mean the same thing. Loving being Black is a part of being pro-Black but doesn't mean you're pro-Black.

>my reply (in other words) was "you're asking them to choose
>race over their womanhood, why should they have to instead of
>the world making things less harmful for them"
>
>your reply was "what would you say to men who say they've
>experienced the same thing"
>
>I replied to that in reply 96 with "I understand" and I went
>on to question whether that fits this particular discussion.
>now we're going in circles

This is dishonest, because the subsequent "questioning" was part of your answer. That's why I had to break it in half to respond to it in reply 136. So again, you're doing exactly what you accuse men of by invalidating the male experience by refusing to even acknowledge on its own, "deeming their level of hurt unacceptable" by comparison.

>you seem to want to argue until people give up so you can feel
>right, I have no investment in winning an okp discussion"

Neither do I, and according the conversation you and I are having, this is a weird, ridiculous, and intellectually lazy accusation. Surely adults can close a discussion better than that.
At the core of this is our disagreement that men also experience sexism (termed gendered racism) and misandry as well. The rest is that you refuse to just engage with the plain question I asked. I'm gonna drop this though (unless you want to actually answer what I'm asking you) since you think trying to get a plain answer = trying to "win." Then again, maybe you just don't like my response to your answer and have to start with personal attacks. Again, surely adults can to better. Perhaps you can't. You're in here calling someone names for a legit analysis, so I'll believe the face you're showing. I'm also going to just going to assume your answer includes the interjection of women, since that's what you did. Therefore, my response in reply 136 stands. We can simply agree to disagree.

13405160, thank you for posting this straight rip of a Ben Shapiro video
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Sep-26-20 01:51 AM
it's not even lightly changed from his script

13404929, remember that time when Boogie Stimuli said "why bring it up now"
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Sep-24-20 04:53 PM
about rape victims?

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12657408&mesg_id=12657408&listing_type=search#12658211

his argument was exactly the same then as it is now. he claimed that black men were under attack and that women reporting being raped were actually the problem.

imagine cosigning a motherfucker like that.

13405065, RE: remember that time when Boogie Stimuli said "why bring it up now"
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Sep-25-20 02:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnedkVrgFF0
13405069, For context: this quote is co-opting a phrase black women coined
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 02:52 PM
In reference to the bigotry they saw in pro black circles, they said "you can't be pro black and be homophobic/sexist."

While it is true you cant hate straight black men and be pro black, this statement is made to deflect from criticisms black women have made.

13405073, weird how buddy has a problem with that when it's all lives matter
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 03:06 PM
but not now

13405078, Nigga said fuck moving the goalpost, let's just play a different sport
Posted by CIPHA, Fri Sep-25-20 03:14 PM
lol

Yall wild.
13405085, it's funny how these losers have to lie so obviously
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 03:58 PM
you love the point when you think it supports you, but you want to misapply logical arguments when you have no response LOL

13405105, Lord
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 05:25 PM
13405098, I am just going to take it as progress that you have digested my point
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-25-20 04:49 PM
and realize the validity of it enough to TOTALLY change your point 100+ post in order to find another way to make the non-controversial statement controversial.

So what if you are now saying that "the original statement" (your words) isnt really and original statment at all but rather a response to some statement that neither you or him mentioned before, as long as you got my general idea I'm good.

Good luck with this.

13405099, so you admit that you didn't have the required information
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 04:59 PM
and you're blaming someone else for not telling you

which led you to make an argument that was so completely backwards it made the opposite point of what you were trying to argue

LOLLLLLLLL

congratulations buddy, this is the dumbest shit I've seen anyone do on this board in 20 years. you pulled it off

13405104, sure non-mad, not loser guy.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-25-20 05:23 PM

13405107, everyone loses sometimes.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 05:27 PM
like you, right now, completely blowing up your own point and highlighting the fact you were doing it even as you did it.

13405106, Im sorry for overestimating yall and thinking yall were up on discourse
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-25-20 05:26 PM
I mean, me myself personally, like to be informed about things that im upset about. I assumed yall were aware. That's on me. I'll do better to spoonfeed everyone next time.

13405108, accountability is important. now that you know better you can do better
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 05:27 PM

13405111, Thank you very much to buddy gilaps for exposing this
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Sep-25-20 05:30 PM
because if he'd come in here knowing what he was talking about.

then we wouldn't have had the wonderful discussion that completely exposed why statements like this one and all lives matter are bad

and now we've had it.

and we've exposed boogie for doing the same things white supremacists do.

I appreciate the singular combination of buddy's hard work and ignorance, without which none of this would have been possible

13405169, What exactly are you saying I was ignorant about?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Sep-26-20 07:17 AM

13405182, the thing you admitted you were ignorant about.
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Sep-26-20 08:18 AM
you didn't know that the statement in the subject of this post is, just like all lives matter, a response statement meant to obscure and provoke and not an initial statement.

not knowing isn't any sort of crime.

it's hilarious that you didn't see it though because you repeatedly pointed out that there must be some missing reason for why it's being discussed the way it is.

it was right there for you.

13405129, Black women make up 29% of US inmates? Is that true?
Posted by flipnile, Fri Sep-25-20 07:17 PM
That's extremely high, and damn-near the same as the 34% that black male inmate comprise.

WTF?
13405134, Nah that's way off
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-25-20 07:41 PM
13405136, hell no. maybe 29% of female inmates in the US?
Posted by kayru99, Fri Sep-25-20 07:47 PM
but America doesn't really imprison women like that.
I don't think all women combined equals a third of the prison population
13405133, This place is weird.
Posted by Case_One, Fri Sep-25-20 07:40 PM

13405147, dont be passive aggressive. let's hear your input
Posted by atruhead, Fri Sep-25-20 08:11 PM
13405150, I watched the follow-up video. I get what dude means and said
Posted by Case_One, Fri Sep-25-20 08:56 PM

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ

The Case for Christ Lecture: https://youtu.be/67uj2qvQi_k

Good News: https://www.goodnewsnetwork
13405217, Black men need space to heal.
Posted by Triptych, Sat Sep-26-20 06:41 PM
Probably a less controversial way to say the same thing.
13405229, the point of the statement was to create a fake controversy
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Sep-27-20 07:29 AM
they have no interest in creating positive change for any black man anywhere.

13405230, nope. Cuz that presumes an inherent black male pathology, too
Posted by kayru99, Sun Sep-27-20 08:20 AM
13405251, What do you mean by pathology here?
Posted by Triptych, Sun Sep-27-20 03:52 PM
Probably not as precise a term as you think?

There is certainly trauma specific to the black male experience, which results both in BM bad behavior and opportunity for BM to heal.

Also, a couple loud voices on the internet doesn't mean BW don't support BM all the time, every day.
13405272, No, I used the word pathology very purposefully
Posted by kayru99, Sun Sep-27-20 05:36 PM
and your explanation is exactly why:

"There is certainly trauma specific to the black male experience, which results both in *BM bad behavior and opportunity for BM to heal*."

you're defining the BM experience by "bad" behavior.
Which is a big part of the problem that people have with the OG statement.

Is it possible that Black men aren't any worse than anybody else in our community?

13405381, it's funny. the statement didn't mention anyone else
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Sep-28-20 10:50 AM
and yet this fucko is ready to interpret it as saying that black men are worse than everyone else

except the original post here also makes a statement that doesn't mention anyone else, and according to fucko, if you interpret it as a statement about the status of any other group you're doing it wrong.

lying fuckos.

13405822, Your willful misinterpretation hurts you, not me.
Posted by Triptych, Wed Sep-30-20 12:08 PM
13405879, Uh-huh.
Posted by kayru99, Wed Sep-30-20 02:25 PM
LMAO
13405263, weird how there's no inherent black male pathology
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Sep-27-20 04:57 PM
when it comes to dude blanket describing every black man as a feminist for all time forever

13406628, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that all the current popular black...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Oct-04-20 11:21 PM
tv shows have a black male homosexual storyline.

I’m sure I will be attacked for this but I said what I said.
13406630, It's not even just the black shows
Posted by CIPHA, Mon Oct-05-20 12:23 AM
I was watching that Ratched show on Netflix and they found a way to shoehorn in a black gay man in that joint. It didn't even make sense. There were no other black people in the whole show.

But, yeah, you can't get a black show made in 2020 without a black gay male storyline or character. It just is what it is. We can argue all day about whether we should like it or not, but you have to acknowledge it and it purposefulness.
13406637, why would you be attacked for keeping a specific list of
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Oct-05-20 06:59 AM
which shows have gay subplots?

If you like watching those shows it's really none of our business.

13406639, If it's not a coincidence, what is it?
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Mon Oct-05-20 07:12 AM
This would be a great opportunity to fully state your opinion, before one is presumed for you.
13406655, Would love to discuss, but how do you think it's relevant to this post?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Oct-05-20 10:37 AM