Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm in FL and I'm volunteering doing calls for the campaign
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404201&mesg_id=13405404
13405404, I'm in FL and I'm volunteering doing calls for the campaign
Posted by walihorse, Mon Sep-28-20 11:49 AM
started last week.

Not a big deal, but made me really happy.

I have 2 older white neighbors. across the street he is 70, next door is 62.

I had ordered a Biden sign from the campaign right after Harris announcement. Took 4 weeks to arrive. I got inpatient and ordered one from Amazon got in 2 days later.

The day before the amazon sign came, the next door neighbor's wife stopped me as I was walking my dog to ask if I was doing any volunteer work. I mentioned the sign. She says her husband (voted for dumb dumb in 2016) doesn't want a sign because he is afraid someone will mess with it. (go figure) either way I tell her I am putting one up when it comes.

I put up my sign and a few days later front door neighbor asked when I got my sign cuz he wants to put one up (nice!) That day the official campaign one comes and I give him my old one, he asked to pay me for it, I said no, he instead donates the cost to the campaign (nice!), the day after he put his sign up, Next neighbor says she ordered hers too.

Now 3 of us have a sign. Nothing big, but it made my wife and I happy.

bonus, former trump voter neighbor says he will not vote for him this time. I hope so.