Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy experience is similar.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404201&mesg_id=13405391
13405391, my experience is similar.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Sep-28-20 11:28 AM
in the Obama years, about 2 miles up from my place I saw a sign outside someone's house that had on one side "SIN IS KILLING AMERICA" and on the other "OBAMA WILL DESTROY AMERICA". The Obama side of this sign is down.

Yet, also in the same area I saw a few Obama/Biden signs especially in 2012. People weren't really feeling Romney too tough though you would see "Mitt" and "Romney Ryan" shit ... pretty much the most you'd see them on this side of Cuyahoga.

Trump? ain't gotta go far from my house to see Trump flags and bullshit signs like "we support our police". there's this beautiful home nearby, owned by an asshole. During the '16 primaries, this motherfucker had HOME MADE Trump signs outside his home. Just a plain piece of white cardboard that said "TRUMP".

When the real shit came out, that motherfucker had 4 Trump/Pence signs in the lawn. Now? Trump/Pence sign on the lawn. Banner over the garage that says "Trump 2020: No More Bullshit" that looks like the official ones. I highly suspect the person that lives there is a local council person who is a Trumpeter and owns a media company doing the ads for the Black Repub challenger to the recently elected Black Dem representative (on some Harrison/Scott shit, that is wild given the history of this area). In any case, the motherfucker that lives there gotta be an insufferable man-child. That level of Trump ass licking is just .... not even the rednecks usually considered to be the face of Trumpism, bruh.

But dig this:

back in the end of MAY of this year, going down up the street even further into "Michael Jordan Approved" (read: No Niggas) territory, I started seeing Biden signs. Just "Biden for President". This was pre-running mate announcement.

By August, that number of Biden shit had doubled. I still see (and assume, mostly) Trump. But that's more than I ever saw for Obama.

Now around town, Biden/Harris signs popping up more often than not.

My immediate area was light blue (slight edge Hillary) in '16, which was a shock to me, since you only gotta go a few miles to the south and start seeing Trump shit.

These are prime "Biden" target voters. The strategy might work but it's still shaky.