Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've been getting with a lot of my local orgs to mobilize voters
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404201&mesg_id=13404890
13404890, I've been getting with a lot of my local orgs to mobilize voters
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Sep-24-20 02:03 PM
I live in a swing-state so turnout is going to be very important. I'm actually thankful there aren't third party options this year (and this is coming from somebody who would very much like to multiple new parties).

To me - the cake is already baked for a lot of traditional voters. I'm focused on the disaffected and younger voters who often sit out - making the case to why Trump is such an existential danger.

But what's way more concerning to me than what individuals are doing - is what the Biden campaign is actually doing. I'm not sure this hands-off approach is working at the moment. The enthusiasm gap is enormous between Trump & Biden right now. This doesn't mean that Trump wins (I'm hoping for a massive march of silent voters in November to counter Trump) - but I don't see why they aren't trying to animate all sides of the electorate.

Hopefully there are enough "Republicans for Biden" to bring it home - but I don't have a lot of confidence right now.