Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis blows. but know this:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404112&mesg_id=13404301
13404301, this blows. but know this:
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Sep-20-20 09:33 AM
the Supreme Court was already fucked before her death.

also, the Supreme Court has been pretty much SHIT through most of the lifetimes of the people reading this post. It's always been an apparatus meant to advance the interests of the worst people in America and possibly on Earth, as constructed.

Roe v. Wade, Obergefell v. Hodges, Lawrence v. Texas, and the like... exceptions, not the rule.

The Supreme Court is much more Dred Scott, Plessy v. Ferguson, Citizens United, Voting Rights repeal.

A major reason is because the "liberal" judges don't know how or when to retire. Which is bullshit. I'll probably be logged off Earth before I could ever retire. And these motherfuckers have the luxury of doing so.

Since Thurgood Marshall actually died just after Clinton's swearing in, he gets a mulligan. But his retirement enabled the tokenist hire of Clarence "Judge Ruckus" Thomas.

Souter and Stevens retired under Obama (Stevens was actually a Republican who sided with the liberals, not unlike Souter), allowing for Sotomayor and Kagan under Obama.

RBG, who has proven to be quite the Hillary Clinton liberal, should have done the same. Ditto for Breyer.

Why?

because as soon as the Supreme Court (with all the Reagan/H.W. Bush appointees) INSTALLED George W. Bush as president, Rehnquist (who had stage 4 cancer) retired. Sandra Day O'Connor retired under Bush. Now we have Roberts, whose opinion ended the Voting Rights Act, and Alito.

Anthony Kennedy retired under Trump in a cloud of shadiness, thus allowing Kavanaugh.

Scalia would have probably stayed on and then retired after Trump, had he lived. He didn't have to because the goddamn Republicans controlled the Senate, so they didn't have to listen to Obama. Instead, when Trump became president, they nominated the son of a Reagan lackey, corporate ball-polisher Neil Gorsuch.

And now, we're pretty much gonna get some 4chan denizen as a Supreme Court judge because the Democrats don't do shit, and won't do shit.

Let's say Biden wins (and for the record, I hope he does). Let's say the Democrats also take the Senate (I hope they do). I have little confidence that they will do the right thing and take the filibuster away and actually try to hold some fucking power so that another Donald Trump won't have a chance to grab America by the pussy.

this is why I'm mad.

But make no mistake. The Supreme Court is shit. Judicial branch of American government is mostly shit as the rule. It needs a ton of reforms.