Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYup, anytime you can blame a Democrat you like it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404112&mesg_id=13404264
13404264, Yup, anytime you can blame a Democrat you like it
Posted by handle, Sat Sep-19-20 06:10 PM
Chris Rock's point was:Instead of treating the President like an adult and holding him accountable they should be flattering him and tricking him into doing things- like in the documentary The Last Emperor.

His misunderstands reality.

He's always had bad takes on politics - remember that Real Time with Bill Maher where he answered EVERY questions with "Why is the price of gas so high??"

In conclusion - every time something bad happens it's ALWAYS the fault of a democrat. Be less tough - be more tough - etc.

And, in hindsight, it all can be flipped to criticize them if they did the other thing.

Rock added: "Put it this way: Republicans tell outright lies. Democrats leave out key pieces of the truth that would lead to a more nuanced argument. In a sense, it's all fake news."

He's lost - they got him both siding everything now. You're 100% good of EVIL - there's no 99% good - or 92% good. Fake news!

Unless your rich and cheat on your wife - or do blackface on SNL- then there is nuance and intentions matter!

Or hey, he could have been misquoted and the nuance has been left out. (I doubt it.)

I think he thinks Congress had the intel that the president had. And they sat at a desk with two files open : 1)Impeach Trump 2)Stop the corona virus. And they chose to impeach Trump and to not do anything about the corona virus.

You know what - fuck that guy - I just fired off a tweet to him. Take that Chris!