Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: RIP America RBG died...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404112&mesg_id=13404181
13404181, RE: RIP America RBG died...
Posted by Adwhizz, Fri Sep-18-20 08:37 PM
Disclaimer: EVERYONE should go vote for Biden in this election
Hilary/Biden are nowhere NEAR as bad as Trump

With that out of the way, At what point is Democratic Leadership held accountable for not being effective at bringing together their base/winning elections/getting policy implemented?

Over the past 20 years or so I've been loosely following politics I've seen little sense of urgency or long term strategy for achieving goals coming from the Democratic party.

With Republicans it's very clear what they stand for and what they've been continuously working towards:
Repealing Roe Vs Wade
Tax cuts for the wealthy
Maintaining the 2nd Amendment
And since Obama was in office repealing Obamacare

After just giving up a Supreme Court pick in Obama's last term I have little faith they'll put up much of a fight to keep Trump from getting someone in there WEEKS before an election (I hope I'm wrong)

If nothing else between gerrymandering/voter ID Laws/closing of polling centers, losing 2 of the last 5 elections despite winning the popular vote, the Democratic Party should have made Voter Rights a button issue being discussed in the news the last 10 years. And yet it's not

These are not the actions of honest actors who represent the people who voted them in.

I'm voting for Biden, and I Legit couldn't tell you what he plans to do in office other than not be Donald Trump.

That's not a poor reflection of me, that's a poor reflection of the people who's JOB it is to make people want to go vote for that dude.

If you're THAT Bad at messaging
If you're THAT bad at bringing people together
If you're THAT bad at achieving your goals, why the fuck are you still sitting in that seat?