Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Sort of depressing. Celebrity dating seems doomed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13404022&mesg_id=13404252
13404252, RE: Sort of depressing. Celebrity dating seems doomed
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Sep-19-20 01:47 PM
Pretty is cool. Money is fine and it can give you some options. But there's just so much more to having a relationship work.

Shiiid, there's a bunch of folks who can't sing, act, rap, or hoop who can't figure out relationships either. So maybe it is just hard altogether?

Personally, I've been married since 2014. I still feel like I barely got out of 'living single' with any sanity remaining. And even now, with a house sold and another one bought, many real talk conversations handled, and harmony financially/romantically/generally, IT STILL ISN'T EASY! And I feel like a lucky one cuz my wife is a really good, caring/loving, and patient human being. And she has a decent capacity for being supportive for life stuff..sick parents, career stuff, disagreements on how exactly to parent a child, calibrating family/friend involvement, all of that.

There's folks out there who want a continuous parade of celebrations, gifts, 'new stuff' / reckless spending, and you better not need them for anything dynamic from them or you are SCREWED. And if there's disagreements? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid! And this says nothing about if YOU are 'good enough' for the other person! Aka it is HARD!

>Halle, the most beautiful and desired woman in black America
>world and probably other cultures. Yet still, so many
>relationship headaches. It seems that romance is just a crap
>shoot. I no longer think that a person can orchestrate a
>healthy ideal relationship. It is either a part of your
>destiny or it isn't.
>
>Fame, beauty, success and intellect don't mean that one will
>land true love. The celebrity microscope makes everything
>consumption for a unforgiving audience.
>
>I think I would have kept this a secret.
>
>Van Hunt, hmm. I don't know. He reminds me of Ben Harper.
>Smart, handsome, cultured, low key black man with talent.
>Don't ruin him Halle!