Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: ^ And this is "half" the reason they get away with it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13403855&mesg_id=13404375
13404375, RE: ^ And this is "half" the reason they get away with it
Posted by allStah, Mon Sep-21-20 01:00 PM
Get away with what? You don’t get to make that determination.

If she has an African ancestral background and if she were to acknowledge it, so be it.

Another person can’t determined what a person should be categorized as. There are tons of black folks who categorize themselves as being native american or Latin American simply based on how they look, and can get away with it. There are black Caribbean people bleaching their skin to appear as white as possible, as well as wanting to have blue eyes, etc, because their perception is that white or being light is more favorable.

However, in this situation, being that she is Sicilian, if you were to do a genealogy test on her blood, no doubt in mind it would come back with percentages of African genes in her blood. That girl is not a straight or pure Caucasian. I can see the African influence in her nose. lips and hair. African genetics carry over in more than just skin tone or color.

And the URBAN saying in black culture is, if you have a drop of black blood in you, then you are black.

Also, people made assumptions of her racial makeup, and she simply didn’t correct them. So this is where I don’t see a problem. It wasn’t like she plotted or constructed
to categorize herself as such. People looked at her and perceived her as such, and I probably would have done the same thing. I look at her and immediately think biracial, like she has black in her somewhere.

Krug and Dolazal look like white women who were painted black....this girl looks like a lot of biracial women that I have worked with, seen, and dated, etc.