Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWay more benefits to being a Black woman in these institutions than
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13403855&mesg_id=13403910
13403910, Way more benefits to being a Black woman in these institutions than
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Thu Sep-17-20 11:26 AM
being a Black man. You can pretty much get away with anything in these academic circles as a Black woman now. This is not the case for Black men, and it all kinda ties to the way white society wholly approves of Black misandry. All of the things a white woman would be called racist for saying about Black men, a Black woman can say and it's a celebrated critique of the community. The "double minority" theory is applied but not to Black men even tho Black men are the minority in these spaces (and in Black society at large when you account for incarceration)... their voices stifled if they suggest that programs are needed for themselves... they're assumed to have privilege that fails to manifest empirically, etc. A white man would be a complete idiot to wanna be a Black man in the academy. Malcolm once said the most unprotected person on earth is the Black woman. The opposite of that is true in academia now w/ *maybe* the exception of white men, but even white males' racist thoughts about Black men will be called racist. That's why I think you see white women wanting to be Black women. White folks like to do whatever the fuck they want. Black women in the academy are pretty much at that point.
I realize this might be controversial to say on here, but I believe that those paying attention and willing to be honest can see the validity of it.
I love to see Black people winning and succeeding (in this case, women), but I also hate when it's at the expense of other Black people (in this case, men and boys).