Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectrewind the clock to a time before
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13403627&mesg_id=13403662
13403662, rewind the clock to a time before
Posted by double negative, Tue Sep-15-20 06:52 PM
I guess...when I think about it all it kind of only makes sense to go back to a pre industrialized world to contextualize capitalism

* there was a time when we did not control the land, the land controlled us. we ate what we hunted and we found/foraged for edible vegetation

* then we learned how to control the land and make it produce goods consistently. consistent or semi consistent good production creates stability.

* then we traded goods among each other - but then it may have become difficult at points to find agreeable universal trade terms. enter gold, currency, some universal representation of value to be exchanged for goods

* more stability, less self reliance, more outward sourcing for goods. Farming instead went from an individual essential function needed for survival to a society with specialization

etc.

//
so then,

Time = Base Unit = Money

Money = Stored Value (that is to say, unlike goods that that can rot or depreciate, money is value in essence)

&

Goods = Stored Value / Stored Value = Goods
//

*society is stabilized - the elements are not trying to fucking kill you at every turn. Man has controlled his world. The value of things can be expressed and exchanged between people. RIGHT?

*some history stuff happens. we got kings and shit and then....

at the barber shop David and Adam are chilling waiting to get edged up.
Giovanni Girolamo Kapsperger's new fire ass lute music is playing.

Adam: aight, fuck this king shit my nig. what if instead of me giving you some coin for this corn and you giving some of that coin to the king, we say fuck that. what if we could all be kings?

David: I'm heated. King own my land, my home, everything. What if we could own our own property? I'm like...I'm like barely making it dude.

Adam: Look look, I got this idea right? It's just you selling that corn right? I'm thinking, I got my cousin and his friends, we grow more corn than you

David: Adam...

Adam: I got the seed nigga on deck. I'm thinking I get my peoples to grow more corn, and since we'll have more corn, we can sell that shit by the boatload at a cheaper price.

David: Right but, your cousin and his people...after all that work we're still gonna be making the same amount of mo..

Adam: HOW MUCH IT COST TO GET CORN FROM THE GROUND DUDE?

David: Wha...

Adam: HOW. MUCH. IT. COS..

David: I don't know! I don't know!

Adam: Exactly, and they don't know either. Like I said, 👏🏾straight 👏🏾cash 👏🏾homie. I'm about to be the crispiest corn selling dude on the strip.